Prospect Info: Where They Will Play Season '20-'21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know everyone is dying to know about Ruscheinski. But here is an update from the BCHL:

They had already announced a start date of December 1st, but with plans of having a limited amount of fans in the stands (as the league depends on that). But they say if the BC Provincial Health Office doesn't allow it, they have an alternate scenario where they will play without fans and not lose out financially.

They will be releasing a preseason schedule in the coming weeks. They have already begun camps.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As NCAA hockey season officially delayed, 2-week shutdown for Badgers men's team called 'the right thing to do'

Granato struck an optimistic tone on the chances of getting the season off the ground.

“We’re going to play hockey this year,” he said. “It’s a confident statement by everybody that’s been involved in all these discussions and all the planning that’s going on behind the scenes to make this work.”

The goal of Big Ten coaches, he said, is to play a full, 34-game schedule with postseason tournaments. Whether that includes non-conference opponents in the regular season has yet to be determ

Big Ten coaches have discussed the feasibility of playing part of the season in a bubble while students are working through classes online, according to sources.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
'Weird first day' of Badgers men's hockey practice: coaches in masks, smaller groups, patience with schedule

Still, some around the Big Ten men’s hockey league are expecting to have more clarity on their seasons by the middle of September, according to sources.

While the idea of playing conference games inside a bubble has been floated recently in the larger college men’s hockey leagues, the Big Ten has been talking about the concept for months.

One idea discussed, according to sources, was for each of the seven Big Ten teams to play eight to 10 games over two to three weeks at one location. Notre Dame’s Compton Family Ice Arena checks a lot of boxes because it has two rinks, is in a central location for the league and has hotels nearby.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We should be hearing something on the 2021 Memorial Cup soon, as i thought I read they would be looking at who will host sometime around now.

I wonder how they work it with the Q playing for 2 months longer then the OHL and WHL. That just seems so odd.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pas nécessaire de se départir d’un défenseur, assure Marc Bergevin

In this article, MB says they loaned Ylonen to the Pelicans, although it hasn't been officially announced.

He also said that if the NCAA season is cancelled, he prefers seeing Caufield play in Europe for the year. In Harris' and Struble's cases, they would probably go play Junior because they have their studies to continue. That is the difference between them and Caufield, since Caufield doesn't have a major.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If the rumor about Draisaitl going to the DEL until the NHL season starts then I think we can say 100% that there's no way the NHL will stop Euros from coming back to the NHL since there's no way they would not want one of their best players to play.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I am 100% on board with Caufield being sent to Europe for the entire year.

He will need to be signed first before being loaned.

Yup, this was always the best option. I did not want him going to junior hockey. Just don't think it would be challenging enough for him.

Europe is a great move. He stays there for an entire year then joins Montreal/Laval next year. Was extremely glad to hear this from Bergevin.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Something to follow. If he goes to the KHL, it would be curious if he's there for the year. You have to think he'd be there all year. I wonder if a temporary loan is at each team's discretion or if it's the league that decides it wouldn't allow it (either there for the full year or don't come at all). Because with Avangard being coached by Hartley, there is someone who might be able to understand and help convince his GM and employer that a temporary loan is okay.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i've heard some NCAA schools have been on the ice this week working out in small groups.

with some of the ncaa football coming back that should help matters a lot as some schools need the money that they get from football to fund other sports.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Caufield may end up signing his ELC and being loaned to Rogle in the SHL where he will play the entire season.

They had just let Raphael Lavoie go as he didn't make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad