Where is the outrage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
You must not read very much about the Oilers. :laugh:

Why must I not?
Is there some secret reason I don't? Or are you referring to something I'm not aware of, because, looking at the Oilers talent pool, it's superior to the Sabres on the front end. And isn't that where the Sabres have their problem, in scoring?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every year people complain about tanking, but when there's 30 teams -believe it or not- somebody has to come in 30th. That's just math.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Sometimes teams just suck without it being a choice. If that was tanking then every team in the bottom 5 each year would be tanking

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
You're salty over your team being called tankers for like 2 seasons. Imagine being an Oiler fan.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Carolina is the one team that seems geared to tanking.:shakehead

Edmonton and Colorado have been disappointed this season and pretty much forced into it as the best option at this point.

Teddy Nolan has never tanked a team in his life and he lost his job on Long Island because he took his underdog Islanders to the playoffs when he was instructed to play prospects as rookies instead of trying to compete. Nolan has succeeded to exceed expectations everywhere he has ever coached (e.g., major juniors in two stints, Buffalo, NYI, Latvia, Buffalo).

Hartley's Flames are simply a product of the law of averages. They try but they haven't got the gas in the tank offensively to maintain their coach-inspired start to the season.

As long as fan-abandoned Arizona or Florida don't win the McEichel sweepstakes, I don't care who gets the two superstars.

Every team talked about in this thread are irrelevant to the real season (postseason) for the next several years.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
The only one that really bothers me is Colorado, just because they seem to switch between good and putrid seasons, picking up top draft picks every couple of years :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad