Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Carolina
Edmonton
Calgary
and
Colorado

All of these teams are TANKING!!!!!!

With the talent much better on these teams than Buffalo has at it's disposal, where is the outrage I ask?
Are Canadian fans silent because 2 of these teams are Canadian? Do I detect some hypocrisy here?
Does no one state just how much talent is on Carolina and the obvious tank going on there? Or is it because the Staal's have blinded the fan bases?

And Colorado? All of that talent, and still many remain silent.

Where is the outrage I say. So many were quick to point the finger and scream about my Sabres, where are all you band wagon jumpers now?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You may have missed Colorado relying on a 21 year old goalie for the past few weeks.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Carolina
Edmonton
Calgary
and
Colorado

With the talent much better on these teams than Buffalo has at it's disposal, where is the outrage I ask?
Are Canadian fans silent because 2 of these teams are Canadian? Do I detect some hypocrisy here?
Does no one state just how much talent is on Carolina and the obvious tank going on there? Or is it because the Staal's have blinded the fan bases?

Where is the outrage I say. So many were quick to point the finger and scream about my Sabres, where are all you band wagon jumpers now?

People have been ragging on Edmonton for awhile now, even the Oiler fans hate how their team is right now. They don't want to tank. It's inept coaching/management that has put them unintentionally in this spot.

Calgary came out like gangbusters to start the season, nobody expected their hot start, but they're falling back to what most predicted.

Colorado just has horrendous defense. There's no way they should be this bad, put defense was their biggest need and they did nothing there. Losing Stastny hurt them alot also.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
How is Calgary tanking? They were in a playoff spot for most of the season. Just because a team is projected to be bad doesn't mean they have to tank. Your Sabres are just as guilty (if not more so) as everyone else, where they took all of their talent and traded them away for a full on rebuild.

DonKingKong

Dec 18, 2014
You left out the Arizona, they are clearly not very good and look to be taking for the top pick too.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Edmonton isn't tanking, don't believe the spin. The Oilers were trying their best to win for the past 9 season.

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Carolina
Edmonton
Calgary
and
Colorado

They are not. Colorado lost Stastny and their defense is awful. Calgary has been playing well since the star of the season. They have to adjust now, because injured guys are coming back. Edmonton sucks, because the have no idea how to construct a team as a unit.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
People have been ragging on Edmonton for awhile now, even the Oiler fans hate how their team is right now. They don't want to tank. It's inept coaching/management that has put them unintentionally in this spot.

Calgary came out like gangbusters to start the season, nobody expected their hot start, but they're falling back to what most predicted.

Colorado just has horrendous defense. There's no way they should be this bad, put defense was their biggest need and they did nothing there. Losing Stastny hurt them alot also.

I realize all of this, my thread is sarcasm, the point is, Buffalo fans have overwhelmingly been beat up on the tanking subject. My thread is an attempt to draw out exactly what you posted here, reasonable discussion, instead of pointing and shouting.

But, it's also to point out that not many fans gave Buffalo the benefit of the doubt about rebuilding in the same token.

There is a dichotomy at play here when it comes to the Sabres, that much is more than abundantly obvious.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Losing more than 3 games in a row = tanking. Evidence is right there (somewhere), why argue?!

:sarcasm:

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
:handclap:

Although I applaud your post, I cannot help but think where all of the anger is that Buffalo fans witnessed, any answers?

I understand where you're coming from, but this didn't need to be a thread. I'm no moderator, just my opinion.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
You Buffalo fans seem a little stressed.

Edmonton and Colorado do deserve ridicule though.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Carolina
Edmonton
Calgary
and
Colorado

There is plenty of outrage at Edmonton for years now.

Calgary is fighting for a playoff spot.

Carolina is loaded with injuries.

Colorado made the playoffs last year as did Dallas.

Buffalo gets crap for several reasons.
1: They are copying Edmonton and get the rub from that disdain
2: They sold off so much talent so quickly
3: When the Sabers were good (President's Trophy year) the
fans on here were sooo humble and never had threads like "Sabers belong in another league because they are too good for the lowly NHL" Partly it's revenge for being so irritating just a few years ago.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Isn't most of the ire directed towards the Sabres because they traded away all their talent and prepared for a race to the bottom for a few years?

I.e. the complete opposite of what you're accusing Edmonton, Carolina, Calgary and Colorado of doing?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Carolina
Edmonton
Calgary
and
Colorado

You must not read very much about the Oilers. :laugh:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
You Buffalo fans seem a little stressed.

Edmonton and Colorado do deserve ridicule though.

Well, in all fairness to us Sabres fans, no Cup in 44 years and you start to resemble Leafs fans :amazed:

I was waiting to hear from other fans and their outrage at these teams that are doing what the Sabres were accused of doing is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad