OT: Where is Ron Poster and the Organ?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Jacobs and his dip shit spawn are POS humans. I used to do this and I’ve seen it mentioned by others recently that he’s not cheap since he spends to the cap most of the time.

I had a realization: who cares? That’s his f***ing job. It’s like giving props to mailman for delivering the mail.

He is an asshole who cuts corners and cheaps out on anything he can. The Bruins will never take the next step as an organization until the Jacobs are gone.

Reactions: Therick67

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jacobs and his dip shit spawn are POS humans. I used to do this and I’ve seen it mentioned by others recently that he’s not cheap since he spends to the cap most of the time.

I had a realization: who cares? That’s his f***ing job. It’s like giving props to mailman for delivering the mail.

He is an asshole who cuts corners and cheaps out on anything he can. The Bruins will never take the next step as an organization until the Jacobs are gone.

If perennial playoff runs, 3 finals appearances, and one cup within the last ten years is bad, I can't wait to see what the next step as an organization entails.

Jacobs has given the organization fiscal stability, which allows hockey ops to spend to the cap consistently.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Remember the cap came to be as Jacobs wanted to prevent an owner willing to lose money to buy a Cup - see late 90's Detroit.

Today Jacobs said the following when the Celtics signed on for 15 more years

“The Boston Celtics organization has played an integral role in helping create the best in-arena guest experience in North America,” Jacobs said in an email. message. “We are grateful for their partnership and very much look forward to the next 15 years.”

I have been in most NHL arenas and while TD Garden is a better venue today than it was when it was brand new in 1995 it is far from the best.

HOWEVER - The premium seating on Level 5 and 6 is top-notch and that is all they care about.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Remember the cap came to be as Jacobs wanted to prevent an owner willing to lose money to buy a Cup - see late 90's Detroit.

“The Boston Celtics organization has played an integral role in helping create the best in-arena guest experience in North America,” Jacobs said in an email. message. “We are grateful for their partnership and very much look forward to the next 15 years.”

I have been in most NHL arenas and while TD Garden is a better venue today than it was when it was brand new in 1995 it is far from the best.

HOWEVER - The premium seating on Level 5 and 6 is top-notch and that is all they care about.

I think the premium stuff is what Jacobs' is referring to when he talks about 'guest experience'. Guests, not lowly fans. Typical.

Unfortunately the Bruins managing to inspire their own comeback in this game is unlikely to have convinced management of the need to splash just a little cash to enhance the in-game atmosphere and experience. Shows they can do it themselves. Which is not the point but I can see it being used that way.

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
If perennial playoff runs, 3 finals appearances, and one cup within the last ten years is bad, I can't wait to see what the next step as an organization entails.

Jacobs has given the organization fiscal stability, which allows hockey ops to spend to the cap consistently.

Like I said, let’s give Jeremy a big hand for doing his job as an owner and letting hockey ops spend to the cap. What an accomplishment. It took the salary cap being implemented for the asshole cheap f*** to do it.

One cup in the last 10 years is awesome. 1 in the last 50?

I’m done defending him when he spends to the cap. At the end of the day, he is what he is. A rich asshole. 15 bucks for a beer! Hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: ClassicB and BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

That is absolutely the truth - both parts. I don't get to the Club much anymore - even back in 2013-4, they had a great deal where single seats were $100, but you could easily find two within a row of each other in a section. Not bad for the fanciest seats in the house with, IMO, the best view. I did get to go in February last year to the Beanpot on a Club ticket, and they made it even better with the "street-to-seat" elevators and the new touchscreen ordering kiosks in the remodeled cafeteria area where the intermission shows are taped. (Of course, touchscreens now? I don't think so.)

But the gameday experience elsewhere else is average, at best.

As far as the ice...I will give them leeway on in-game clearing, particularly with the ice crew that comes out at 14, 10, and 6. They may have limits on how many can clear, and how close they can be, etc. But FFS, they have purposely made getting better ice at the Garden the lowest priority of all. I still think it was bad ice that kept Carlo out of the playoffs one year when he fell down by the boards near the Zamboni Olympia ice-resurfacer. They've had an extended off-season to improve their ice-making facility. It's criminal if they don't fix it by 2021-22.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Boston is an excellent hockey market that has always deserved something better than what the Jacobs family could offer. The best praise I can offer is faint in that they weren't as horrific as (Bill) Wirtz or Ballard.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Noticeably absent for the Bruins home opener Thursday: longtime Garden organist Ron Poster, whose indefatigable work at the keyboard gives the Vault a distinct sound and feel. With no fans allowed in the building, the ninth-floor control room also was trimmed back to skeletal crew. Still no word on when/if patrons will be allowed to come back for live viewing.

Former Bruin Adam McQuaid looks back on his career - The Boston Globe

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just watching at home last night it sounded like a Caps home game as they had a live organ and the horn guy on tape.

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad