OT: Where is everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Everyone just waits for a turnover by Smith, a bad play by Cleary, or sweet dangle from Datsyuk to make a post :laugh: (seems like most posting is done in GDT's since there is very little roster decisions to make and the off-season is still far away)

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Everyone just waits for a turnover by Smith, a bad play by Cleary, or sweet dangle from Datsyuk to make a post :laugh: (seems like most posting is done in GDT's since there is very little roster decisions to make and the off-season is still far away)

Well, there should have been a Wings HF board record for number of posts through 9 games in a playoff season based on your criteria... posting material on an almost minute-by-minute basis provided by each guy :D

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
It much more fun to read and post at the GDT at the main (SCPO) board, were there is Hawks fans to "chat" with as well.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It much more fun to read and post at the GDT at the main (SCPO) board, were there is Hawks fans to "chat" with as well.

I almost never post or read threads on the main Board.

I am excited cause I think Brunner and Nyquist play above all my expectations. I am also very excited because I think we have an elite player in DD.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/young-red-wings-evened-series-193417101--nhl.html

''It's the most fun I've had coaching in a couple years, by far, just because we have a real enthusiastic group,'' Babcock said. ''At the start of the year, we weren't a good team. We all understood that, but we buckled down and we got better. It's been fun for us. If you would have asked me before the playoffs, I would've told you the same thing. Then suddenly you have a little success in the playoffs - and it's more fun.''

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Evvveeerbooooddy in the club getting tipsy. JK. Hopefully watching some good playoff hockey and enjoying life. A lot of other turmoil and interesting situations are occurring more often in our country as well lately.

VooX

RIP Fugu
Apr 16, 2007
Canada
www.kuklaskorner.com
Because it is all Eeyore negativity and "you're stupid, I'm smart, and here's why" posts here. I had enough when several seasons ago someone started a trade Lidstrom thread and got support for the idea. Used to be a fun discussion here. Used to be.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Because it is all Eeyore negativity and "you're stupid, I'm smart, and here's why" posts here. I had enough when several seasons ago someone started a trade Lidstrom thread and got support for the idea. Used to be a fun discussion here. Used to be.

Oh, you quit your kvetching. You have been a No Show for like three years! A few guys take a Trade Lids thread seriously, and that's the metric for the board? You're better than that, Vooxie. :madfire:

No idea why there's so much hostility. All of us, Wings fans. :shakehead

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Oh, you quit your kvetching. You have been a No Show for like three years! A few guys take a Trade Lids thread seriously, and that's the metric for the board? You're better than that, Vooxie. :madfire:

No idea why there's so much hostility. All of us, Wings fans. :shakehead

It seems that if you agree with Babcock or Holland, there is a tendency to overcompensate and label them as Homers/Apologists. The same is true on the flip side with calling people Haters. I'm not sure what happened either, but there has been a mammoth shift from having debates and disagreements, to full blown personal attacks and overcompensation to see who can hate someone more.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
HFboard is a serious business for some. me included. :nod:

welcome back Voox. Come on in and join the party.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
It seems that if you agree with Babcock or Holland, there is a tendency to overcompensate and label them as Homers/Apologists. The same is true on the flip side with calling people Haters. I'm not sure what happened either, but there has been a mammoth shift from having debates and disagreements, to full blown personal attacks and overcompensation to see who can hate someone more.

It always goes downhill when people turn the spotlight on each other and NOT on the coaches, GMs, etc. There is room for criticism, but yes, people take it to an extreme. There are very few posters who support every single thing done, or who support nothing that is done. However, that's how it's interpreted.

Yet, we all support the same team somehow. Weird.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Obviously I'm biased, but I can't think of a better place to discuss the Wings and the rest of the NHL, hockey issues. There's a reason we're the world's largest hockey message board, AINEC. And growing. :dunno:

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

I had an account there years ago. Probably ten posts to my name. No need to diss another site, as it's a fine one depending on your own preferences. I personally was drawn to HFB due to the fact that you have general boards where fans from all over the world and different fandoms post, plus you get very good representation on all the individual team boards. We also have people who aren't even hockey fans, and who spend all their time on Pg 2-- nonsport and other sport topics, etc.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I had an account there years ago. Probably ten posts to my name. No need to diss another site, as it's a fine one depending on your own preferences. I personally was drawn to HFB due to the fact that you have general boards where fans from all over the world and different fandoms post, plus you get very good representation on all the individual team boards. We also have people who aren't even hockey fans, and who spend all their time on Pg 2-- nonsport and other sport topics, etc.

Fugu :: HFB as Lyle Lanly :: Monorail

:D

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I definitely must have missed that "Trade Lidstrom" topic. Wow... I can only imagine what the arguments were on either side.

I come to these boards because it's the best source for me to see informative discussions among hockey educated fans. Comparing this website to a place like mlive, this place is 100000x better. People look at things more objectively here than anywhere else I've seen and can put a more respectable value on certain players than other places. For example, my entire family would never, ever, in a million years allow Bertuzzi to walk as a free agent. In their eyes, you don't mess with Bertuzzi because he's the toughest guy in the entire world and he's got sick moves that make him good enough for the top line. On here, people can actually see that Bertuzzi is a veteran player who will score some goals, but also has flaws to his game. Same with Cleary, Filppula, etc. That's why I come around here.

I get tired of hearing people complain about certain things, and seeing users calling eachother out, calling eachother names, that's stuff I'd get rid of. Acting like someone is stupid because they disagree with you... I've done it too, so I definitely can't talk too much, but I just think the tension sometimes gets a bit too high.

Overall, I love posting on here, and plan to continue doing it!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
mindfly is driving me away. I cringe at his every post.

Don't tease mindfly! He is having a hard time. The Wings passed round 1 and are 3-1 in round 2. It can't be worse.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But the fact is the team got hot at the right time. The question is for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad