Where in the world is Ray Shero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Any updates? I am surprised his name hasn't been mentioned more often regarding other team or league positions. Despite a few often cited shortcomings, he did seem to be competent in the GM role.

Also, I would like a Ray Shero version of this: .

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Shero, who has two years remaining on his Penguins deal, will keep busy by doing work with USA Hockey.

"I appreciate the opportunity, and it’s always nice to give back," Shero said. "I want to stay involved and be in touch with people, so I’ll do some scouting for USA Hockey, which will involve some stuff with the world junior evaluations, which will be really good for me in terms of getting back on the amateur side. But also, obviously, will watch some NHL games. It’s important to see how different coaches are coaching and using different systems, different adjustments. What I do find right now is that when you’re not affiliated with one team, it’s a lot easier to get information from managers and coaches. You try to make yourself better that way."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/...-shero-refreshed-and-ready-to-be-back-in-game

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
There's your answer. Also rarely do GMs go to another non-executive position unless they've had experience in that area already, such as a former head coach who becomes GM.

And with the Pens paying out on the remaining two years of his contract, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he can afford to wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad