Where in the world is Jacob markstrom?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Markstrom had one of his better games last night against the Jets. He let in two goals out of 23 SOG and neither of them were stoppable.
Hopefully he can build on last night's performance. To say he's had a disappointing season so far is an understatement.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Markstrom had one of his better games last night against the Jets. He let in two goals out of 23 SOG and neither of them were stoppable.
Hopefully he can build on last night's performance. To say he's had a disappointing season so far is an understatement.
A bit of a case in point. Absolutely nothing wrong with his game, and he still ends up with a mediocre SV%.

If the Flames had only scored one or lost in a shootout, you know he'd be blamed.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Markstrom has been garbage this year, his start to the season was horrendous and is the main reason we are battling for a wildcard spot. We would be in a much more comforterable position in the standings if we rolled Vladar. I agree Vladar and Wolf would be better, but there is 0% chance that happens with Sutter and our management.

I also hear alot of people saying how good he is playing now, but I just dont see it, as it seems he is still struggling pretty bad, and is usually outplayed by the other teams goalie. In his last 15 starts he only has 5 wins with none of them being against a playoff team, has losses to 4 of the bottom 7 teams in the league and has under 900 sv % in 8 of those games. Those are not the resultsof a succesfull starting goalie.

merky.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Tofveve

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I expect Dustin Wolf will be the most poorly managed prospect in the last 20 years across the whole NHL

We win both those games if he’s in the net. Full stop.

Reactions: Tofveve

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The NHL from management to the ice is such a romantic league. Prolonged ineptitude gets swept under the rug because of the good ol' days.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Literally the only reason Nashville has a breathing chance against us is because or Saros playing like a super human. If Markstrom had the same save percentage as Saros we'd be laughing.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Literally the only reason Nashville has a breathing chance against us is because or Saros playing like a super human. If Markstrom had the same save percentage as Saros we'd be laughing.

Admittedly, Saros has faced 266 more shots in only one more game played than Markstrom. However, Saros has been playing like crazy the last year+.

And as someone who has seen his fair share of games for both teams, Saros also has a more competent D system in front of him. Not excusing Markstrom's bad goals, but the Flames generally put on a ton of shots as a means to prevent the team going the other way, rather than having a great defensive system.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Admittedly, Saros has faced 266 more shots in only one more game played than Markstrom. However, Saros has been playing like crazy the last year+.

And as someone who has seen his fair share of games for both teams, Saros also has a more competent D system in front of him. Not excusing Markstrom's bad goals, but the Flames generally put on a ton of shots as a means to prevent the team going the other way, rather than having a great defensive system.

Flames have much better defensive metrics than the Preds and both have issues with giving up high quality chance breakdowns at times. Preds are the 5th worst team in xGA/60 5on5, while the Flames are the 7th best. Flames are 6th best in all situations, while Preds are 4th worst. While xGA/60 isn't fully reliable, since not all scoring chances and high danger chances are equal, I would absolutely not say the Preds allow little high quality chances either, and is definitely prone to bad breakdowns at times.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I expect Dustin Wolf will be the most poorly managed prospect in the last 20 years across the whole NHL

We win both those games if he’s in the net. Full stop.

I actually think that he's being handled well and sometimes the worst thing you can do to a talented goalie prospect is throw him into the fire too quickly.

Wolf is clearly thriving and from the interviews I've seen with him he's a happy guy.

But I agree that he's ready.

Reactions: L13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad