Where Hawks came from

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
To be fair, It was Barker for Johnsson and Leddy. Even though you still occasionally see Kim Johnsson on milk cartons, I still say it was a win. All Barker had was his point shot--He would probably lose to Cullimore in a skating race across the ice.

Wiz might have been able to solve the overloaded-on-leftie D-man issue the past couple of years (and I did love seeing him obliterate Tootoo), but yeah, Centers were a bigger issue back then. Pahlsson, although not bad, wasn't the answer.

The fact that we got Hammer for Karpo still brings a warm tingling to the cockles of my heart. Foley's rant is still one of the awesomest things I've ever heard with respect to Hockey.

I am also glad we signed Hossa long-term over Havlat. The last thing this team would have needed going into 2010 and beyond would be a guy that gets injured more than Sami Salo. Hoss may have his issues but he still puts up respectable numbers in spite of having a bit of injury history (and never injured himself hopping over the bench).

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think it is remiss for not Saad's origin drawn out beyond the trade from the 2nd round from Toronto. There's a few picks for picks trades before it, which lends to have coming from the trade of Robert Lang. A trade at the time I was a bit bummed about, and it seems since, the 2nd line center question has been consistently active.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I know its unfair to label the Rundblad trade as terrible so soon. We have decent prospects at defense and I just don't see what they saw in Rundblad. I would be happier if we had kept our 2nd but oh well, its not likely that a late 2nd is going to make much of a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad