Where does this era of the Hawks rank all-time in Chicago?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Anyone else think that 4 Cup wins in say, 8-10 seasons is more impressive than 6 of 8 NBA titles? I mean, this is a league where 9 teams have won all the championships since 1980. The NHL has had 11 since '99! It's simply way easier to win an NBA championship when you have the best player playing at a given time, let alone the greatest ever. There was certainly an era where the NHL looked very similar to the NBA in terms of team dominance, but that hasn't been the case in awhile.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Late 80's/90's was the finest time for NBA ,, Bulls had to battle thru Knicks , Pacers , Heat to reach finals and play great Laker , Trailblazer , Sun , Sonic and Jazz teams

Just look at Stockton/Malone.. 2 legends who were stopped from winning by Bulls

Imagine how different the legacy of NBA would have been if not for Bulls being in there way

If Hawks won 4 in 10 years ,, Still doesn't equal the Bulls 88-98 legacy (8 Conf champ appearances , 6 Titles)

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Anyone else think that 4 Cup wins in say, 8-10 seasons is more impressive than 6 of 8 NBA titles? I mean, this is a league where 9 teams have won all the championships since 1980. The NHL has had 11 since '99! It's simply way easier to win an NBA championship when you have the best player playing at a given time, let alone the greatest ever. There was certainly an era where the NHL looked very similar to the NBA in terms of team dominance, but that hasn't been the case in awhile.

I would agree with you. The parody in the league since the late 90s early 2000s is unmatched IMO. Like I said in my last post, you have 5 or 6 teams that year after year are separated by very little. One of the best teams of the last 10 years hasn't even won a championship - San Jose. The Pens have arguably the best two players in the league, a powerhouse of offense for 6 or so seasons and have only won the championship once (defense, toughness and goaltending being weak points). Boston has been a beast for about the same time. I even forgot to mention Vancouver who, up until this year have been a perenial contender.

The league is stacked - just look at the western conference standings and be in awe.

The Hawks dominance is amazing and certainly needs to be appreciated.

LandofLincoln*

It ranks dead last. Whitesox waited many years. The 1985-86 Bears were the best team of that decade. Michael Jordan wearing a Hawks jersey is cute, but the guy is a legend globally in places like India & China.

This team needs to get off their A$$ and win another Cup this season to have a thread like this.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It ranks dead last. Whitesox waited many years. The 1985-86 Bears were the best team of that decade. Michael Jordan wearing a Hawks jersey is cute, but the guy is a legend globally in places like India & China.

This team needs to get off their A$$ and win another Cup this season to have a thread like this.

Is this post serious or is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad