Where does LeBron James rank as a player each year?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I'm not a Kobe fanboy at all... I respect him as one of the best ever and for some elite moments, Mamba is his nickname. Its the same as calling Porzingis the Unicorn or Dwayne Wade Flash.

Yes, you are. Much like you're a LeBron critic. You've toned down your anti-LeBron stuff because he's now a Laker. We all know you're a Laker fan. No matter how much you pretend to be objective, it's just the way it is.

Mamba is his nickname...a nickname he gave to himself. Can't really compare that to other players' nicknames.

But you do you.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yes, you are. Much like you're a LeBron critic. You've toned down your anti-LeBron stuff because he's now a Laker. We all know you're a Laker fan. No mattwr how much you pretend to be objective, it's just the way it is.

Mamba is his nickname...a nickname he gave to himself. Can't really compare that to other players' nicknames.

But you do you.

giphy.gif

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Kobe gets ridiculously overrated. He was arguably the top player in the league for a couple seasons but it was never undisputed. He should never be in the conversation for GOAT with 1 MVP. Jordan, Wilt, KAJ, LeBron, sure. Never Kobe.

The main arguments that people toss out to put Kobe over LeBron is rings (team accomplishment) and clutch shots (false).

Game-tying/go-ahead field goals with under 10 seconds left in the postseason:
Michael Jordan: 7/15 (47%)
Kobe Bryant: 5/22 (23%)
LeBron James: 12/23 (52%)

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Kobe gets ridiculously overrated. He was arguably the top player in the league for a couple seasons but it was never undisputed. He should never be in the conversation for GOAT with 1 MVP. Jordan, Wilt, KAJ, LeBron, sure. Never Kobe.

The main arguments that people toss out to put Kobe over LeBron is rings (team accomplishment) and clutch shots (false).

Kobe is barely a top 10 player of all time tbh. MJ, Kareem, LeBron, Magic, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Bird, Wilt, Bill, and probably KD when it's all said and done are and will be ranked higher than Bryant.

How can someone with just 1 MVP in 20 seasons, and 2 FMVP despite winning 5 rings possibly be the GOAT or 1B GOAT beside MJ. His defense was also pretty overrated as there's no way he should've made that many all-defensive teams, not to mention his offensive inefficiency. Overall, Kobe is one of the most overrated athletes in the 21st century (no disrespect, he was a very good player but he's massively overrated by the media and his LA homers).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I think most know deep inside LeBron was a better player. But the fact that Kobe won 5 titles and LeBron choked with the 2011 Heat was the main argument for Kobe > Lebron at the time. No one thought he was top 3 GOAT after 2011.

The arguments I can see are LeBron needing superteams to win championships even if they may be wrong. He also played in a very weak Eastern Conference while the NBA playoffs in the West were tougher than whoever came out of the East most of the time during Kobe's years.

LeBron is 11-9 vs 50+ win teams in his playoff career while Kobe is 25-10. Kobe went through hell in the West while LeBron went to LeBronto for the latter part of his Cavs tenure. That's the only argument I can see for Kobe.

For me, I liked Kobe's pleasing playing style but acknowledge LeBron is easily the better player. The post-up and fadeaway were GOAT moves. No one yells LeBron while shooting into a trash can.

It's like hockey fans that are convinced Pavel Bure is one of the GOAT due to his flare. demeanor and playstyle, except Kobe is a 100000000x better than Bure was at their respective sports and won everything there was to win.

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
2004 - Top 20
2005 - 3
2006 to 2018 - 1
2019 - Top 5
This is it.

Obviously MVP sometimes varies from year to year, but even if Crosby didn’t win a major award from 2009-2014 it was still pretty common knowledge that he was the best player in the league during that stretch.

Steph Curry was a monster, but on the biggest stage it was evident who the best player in the league when it mattered most in 2015 / 2016.

James Harden may win back to back MVp’s there’s not a single person on earth who would take him over Kawhi or KD.

In the finals in 15 and 16 it was clear that LeBron was better than Steph, offensively it was close but LeBron was just clearly better at both ends of the floor.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I think most know deep inside LeBron was a better player. But the fact that Kobe won 5 titles and LeBron choked with the 2011 Heat was the main argument for Kobe > Lebron at the time. No one thought he was top 3 GOAT after 2011.

The arguments I can see are LeBron needing superteams to win championships even if they may be wrong. He also played in a very weak Eastern Conference while the NBA playoffs in the West were tougher than whoever came out of the East most of the time during Kobe's years.

LeBron is 11-9 vs 50+ win teams in his playoff career while Kobe is 25-10. Kobe went through hell in the West while LeBron went to LeBronto for the latter part of his Cavs tenure. That's the only argument I can see for Kobe.

For me, I liked Kobe's pleasing playing style but acknowledge LeBron is easily the better player. The post-up and fadeaway were GOAT moves. No one yells LeBron while shooting into a trash can.

It's like hockey fans that are convinced Pavel Bure is one of the GOAT due to his flare. demeanor and playstyle, except Kobe is a 100000000x better than Bure was at their respective sports and won everything there was to win.
As a LeBron fan I have absolutely no problem with this, I disagree with some parts but think this is a completely fair assessment from a Kobe fan.

Reactions: Cassano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad