Where does Kane's point streak rank?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I've been looking on google and can't find it anywhere. I'm not asking for subjective views on where this would rank based on different levels of scoring in the league. I'm just curious as to how many times a 26 point streak or longer has been obtained.

All I could find is that there have been ten different streaks of 28 games or higher. Curious if anyone knows how many 27 and 26 game streaks have been achieved?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
This may be stupid but I consider a 26 gm point streak equivalent to about a 40 game point streak achieved in the 80s.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
This may be stupid but I consider a 26 gm point streak equivalent to about a 40 game point streak achieved in the 80s.

Not stupid at all. Watch clips of goalies in the 80s. They were terrible and played a stand up style and players could score from all over the ice.

Short side would go in, every time. Kinda amazing how bad goaltending was in comparison to now. Goalies never let those in now.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

That's all well and good but that's exactly what I wasn't asking about. I'm just curious about in the record books where it falls, leaving that kind of discussion aside.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Impressive in this day and age. Post 05 Lockout, #2 behind Sid's 25 games, imho.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
There hasn't been one of 26+ games since 92-93. So I think we can safely assume that there aren't an incredible deal of players to have hit 26-27.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
It is just a bit more impressive than Ville Leino's 21 points in 19 games in 2009 playoffs.

skolgoar

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
It's tough to quantify because of rule changes. For instance, long ago, before OT, teams would get a point for a tie rather than play 5 minutes less and not have the wide open game 3-on-3 game that helped to keep Kane's streak alive.

As a matter of fact, it wasn't that long ago that all handpasses were whistled down. That means the handpass in the defensive zone that allowed Kane to pass Hull way back at 18 games would have resulted in a whistle, not a streak extending assist.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
Not stupid at all. Watch clips of goalies in the 80s. They were terrible and played a stand up style and players could score from all over the ice.

Short side would go in, every time. Kinda amazing how bad goaltending was in comparison to now. Goalies never let those in now.
No, it definitely is stupid. A streak is a streak, you don't get to pro-rate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad