Where Does Doug Armstrong Rank Among GMs?

Where do you rank Doug Armstrong among GMs?

• Total voters

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think this is an interesting one. One year removed from a Stanley Cup Championship with a team that he built through some great, savvy moves. He also made one of the biggest head-scratching decisions I’ve ever seen with the Justin Faulk trade+extension, and now Alex Pietrangelo is almost certainly going to walk after being badly low balled by Armstrong.

Where do you rank him among GMs?

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I think without Covid he'd probably have been able to keep Pietrangelo. So I won't put 100% of the blame on him. The Faulk trade always felt weird it's like he expected or planned to like Pietrangelo walk from the beginning.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I put him 6-10. If not for the Faulk trade and signing I’d have him top 3. Yes I see that move as that detrimental to the club.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
6-10 and probably closer to 10 IMO

He gets credit for all the homegrown talent the Blues have on their roster. Very good drafting considering the team hasn't really bottomed out and drafted high all that much over his tenure. The ROR trade was incredible but I think that's more a case of Botterill being a total idiot.

But really he owes quite a bit of that cup win to firing his coach that was a poor hire to begin with and a third string goalie coming out of nowhere and playing all world. The Faulk contract was horrible the day it was signed but I don't really blame him for low-balling Pietro that much. If you look at what the Kings and Hawks have done since giving out those 8 figure deals to their stars it's easy to see how quickly a team's depth can fall apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad