Speculation: Where does Cody Eakin land?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Guys like Hall and Pietrangelo will get the most coverage but a guy that interests me that's getting no coverage is Cody Eakin.

Every team needs good depth players and he's shown throughout his career he can be that and you might get him cheaper than you normally would this off season.

Where do you think he lands?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If any team wants him in their top 9 they're done for. He's a 4th line center at this point. He'll win some faceoffs and block some shots and that's about it.

I kind of wonder if he'd fit behind Matthews and Tavares as the 3C in Toronto, they don't have a natural center on the PK

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I kind of wonder if he'd fit behind Matthews and Tavares as the 3C in Toronto, they don't have a natural center on the PK

If you remember what Plekanec brought to the Leafs at the end of his career, that's pretty close to where Eakin is at right now. Nothing fancy just reliable old school meat and potatoes hockey.

Reactions: Morrison

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If you remember what Plekanec brought to the Leafs at the end of his career, that's pretty close to where Eakin is at right now. Nothing fancy just reliable old school meat and potatoes hockey.

He was better as the Leafs #2 center than his intended role as their #4

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Guys like Hall and Pietrangelo will get the most coverage but a guy that interests me that's getting no coverage is Cody Eakin.

Every team needs good depth players and he's shown throughout his career he can be that and you might get him cheaper than you normally would this off season.

Where do you think he lands?

In all honesty...unless he is willing to take less money he isn’t going to get signed.

Veterans are good to have. But given the tight cap, teams will opt for their internal draft picks or cheaper labor.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
In all honesty...unless he is willing to take less money he isn’t going to get signed.

Veterans are good to have. But given the tight cap, teams will opt for their internal draft picks or cheaper labor.

He's going to get signed

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Only if he takes a pay cut. He just finished a $3.85M cap contract.

Unless he drops to under $2.5M.

He’s a space filler you might use as a bridge to your prospects or fill out the bottom of your roster.

He’s a replacement level player.

Lots of teams need guys to fill out the bottom of the roster Leafs included

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad