Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Foppa_Rules said:
OOOOOOhhhhhh. Sounds good. Ovechkin and Zherdev. Where is Nash from? How does Columbus play? Defensively responsible? Goaltending? Coaching?

"Where is Nash from?"--I guess I don't understand the question. :dunno: Brampton, Ontario, but what difference does that make?

Sorry, I was under the impression that Ovechkin could play center. I apologize for the error. But you'd have Zherdev's speed and skill, Ovechkin's playmaking ability, and Nash's size, strength, and skill around the net. A very potent combination.

sharks

May 15, 2003
Visit site
I would like to see Ovechkin play

on his favorite team: the sharks.

Sharks could use a top talent, Ovechkin or not.

Maithz

I would very like a line like that in mtl

Kostitsyn - Higgins - Ovechkin

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
I was just wondering if Nash was Russian. The name didn't sound very Russian though.

How do you not know who Nash is but know who Ovechkin is? Nash was the freakin first overall in 2002.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
If Ovechkin is RW only, then have him stay there and move Zherdev to center. I've seen it written there that Zherdev plays all three forward positions. From what I know of Ovechkin, he seems like he'd make a good center, though.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I'm a Habs Fan and i hope they draft him.
We have alredy a good group of foward prospects but Ovechkin could help every bank of prospects in the league.
Christopher Higgins
Alexander Perezhogin ( do he ever play with Ovechkin in russia ?? )
Andrei Kastitsyn
Marcel Hossa
Tomas Plecanek

If it's not Montreal I hope a team like ...
.Edmonton ( my 2nd Fav. Team )
.Minnesota ( don't know I just see him there )
.Nashville ( the only Expention team to not have a Great Offensive weapon prospect )
.Columbus ( Just to think Power Foward : Nash.... Offensive : Zherdev....Real Deal: Ovechkin )
... Draft Him.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Los Angeles??!!! Calgary??!!! They would destroy him!! He's got to go to a good team where he can develop properly. A good hard-working team with good defense. It doesn't matter if it's a hockey city....he will make it a hockey city. The fans will come.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
That was my thoughts with him going to LA. If he makes LA a hockey city, then the NHL would get a nice shot in the arm. And with Allison likely all done (which sucks), they could really use him.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Foppa_Rules said:
Los Angeles??!!! Calgary??!!! They would destroy him!! He's got to go to a good team where he can develop properly. A good hard-working team with good defense. It doesn't matter if it's a hockey city....he will make it a hockey city. The fans will come.

Yeah, like the rest of those top-5 picks throughout history that went to good teams.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:

Yes, Calgary would destroy him just like it destroyed Jarome Iginla.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
I don't know if even Ovechkin could make a California city a hockey city.

Even without Ovechkin you have to realize that California is still only 1 of 2 states that support 3 NHL teams.Their fans can be just as die hard as any other team in the league.

That being said I am 99% sure that Los Angeles will not get Ovechkin anyways but don't presume that his development would be hindered by playing in LA.

#37-#93-#27*

My team.. duh.. Rangers, they'd be forced to play youth and when he succeeds it'll maybe wake them up and show them the benefits of doing that!

Non homer in me says anywhere but:
Islanders (personal bias: the isles fans will not be able to survive another Milbury trade blunder, the temptation is too great for MM not to do it)
Devils (personal bias: his offensive talents will go to waste)
Flyers (personal bias: eh)
Avalanche (jealousy: Yankees do not need anymore talent)
Pittsburgh (ignorance: he'll be sold eventually)
Atlanta (frustration: I didn't see the mid 80 Oilers nor would I want to)
Florida (jealousy: too much talent)
Los Angeles (greed: they already had Gretz)
Carolina (middle of nowhere)
Toronto (media)
Montreal (media)

Minnesota would be my second choice next to the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad