Where do you rank Stamkos/Kucherov on the list of the leagues top 1-2 punches?

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Behind Benn/Seguin, Kane/Panarin, Thornton/Pavelski, Backstrom/Ovie

Close with Getzlaf/Perry, Marchand/Bergeron, McDavid/Eberle (from my viewings this season), Giroux/Voracek, Malkin/Kessel, Laine/Scheifele

If they keep this pace up all season they will likely take #1 spot

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Behind Kane/Panarin, Thornton/Pavelski, Backstrom/Ovie

Close with Getzlaf/Perry, Marchand/Bergeron, McDavid/Eberle (from my viewings this season), Giroux/Voracek, Malkin/Kessel, Laine/Scheifele

Backstrom/Ovi not nearly as potent of a 1-2 punch as they were a couple of years ago. Backstrom has had a lot of injuries and he's not the same player he used to be. Ovi is older and isn't as dynamic either. I would definitely put Stamkos / Kuch ahead of them. Probably right behind Kane/Panarin (they may no longer play on the same line, but still produce like crazy the moment they are together) and Benn/Seguin. It will take people a while to believe in Stamkos again, and Kucherov hasn't quiet registered in people's minds as a lethal player that he is.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Is the old Stamkos really back or what? I've only caught his game against the Leafs and it almost appeared to be so. He's killing it right now.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Is the old Stamkos really back or what? I've only caught his game against the Leafs and it almost appeared to be so. He's killing it right now.

Drastic improvement compared to the past 2 seasons

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Watching the game last night they seem to be the only 5 on 5 line for Tampa that is a threat almost every shift. Nice goal by Boyle though, love that guy. Kucherov and Stamkos is magic, their LW is just ok.

Johnson and Palat have another level to their game that they just havent shown much of this season. I expect them to be better. Also expect Drouin to be a factor too.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
I put them in the conversation with

Benn Seguin
Thornton Pavelski
Kane Panarin
Bergeron Marchand
Giroux Voracek
Backstrom Ovechkin
Crosby Pylon
McDavid Pylon

Probably around 2-4

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If talking about '1-2' in terms of guys playing on the same line Giroux & Voracek have to be excluded.

As they have not played together full-time since ~last January.

Schenn/Raffl -- Giroux -- Simmonds
Raffl/Konecny/Read -- Couturier -- Voracek

have been the Flyers top 6 for ~95% of that time.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
If talking about '1-2' in terms of guys playing on the same line Giroux & Voracek have to be excluded.

They are dominant together on the PP and overtime tho

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Is that what's hurting Giroux's ES production?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Behind Benn/Seguin, Kane/Panarin, Thornton/Pavelski, Backstrom/Ovie

Ummm.

Crosby/Malkin

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015
Kane/Panarin
Benn/Seguin
Ovie/Backstrom
Giroux/Voracek
I's say 5 for now but they can easily climb to number 1 spot if the real Stamkos is back

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Kane/Panarin
Benn/Seguin
Ovie/Backstrom
Giroux/Voracek
I's say 5 for now but they can easily climb to number 1 spot if the real Stamkos is back

No way they can easily climb back to the 1 spot when Kane>=Stamkos and Panarin>=Kucherov and Benn>=Stamkos and Seguin>Kucherov

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
No way they can easily climb back to the 1 spot when Kane>=Stamkos and Panarin>=Kucherov and Benn>=Stamkos and Seguin>Kucherov

Why no way?

Stamkos arguably peaked higher than any of those players. So if the "real" Stamkos is back, he's really, really good. Toss up with Kane, and probably better than both Benn/Seguin.

Which leaves Kucherov vs Panarin. No idea between them. I could definitely see a scenario where the Tampa duo is the best duo in the league this year, they're very good. They do have competition though, so we'll see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad