Where do you get your Kings news?

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
The combo of Jesse Cohen & Eddie Garcia (All the Kings Men/Kings Talk & Locked on LA Kings podcasts) is always a good listen during my 4- to 6-mile walks. Sometimes I don't feel like walking at all, but when I realize there are new episodes lined up from those two guys, it helps me get out & move about.

Then, this place and miscellaneous, randomly seen exTwitter notifications that can lead me to sites like LA Kings insider, etc. (The Kings webpage on NHL.com is pretty much worthless – always hopelessly behind what's happening.)

exTwitter notifications can also be a huge nuisance, due to them acting as spoilers. Kings games are often played in the middle of the night for those of us here in Europe, so we're forced to watch many Kings games in "delayed live" mode in the early morning or in daytime, and if we happen to notice a spoiler notification, the experience of watching the game is instantly destroyed. (Particularly dangerous during the playoffs.)
Same. I try to save them for workouts when I can.

Reactions: Faterson

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Thanks for the credentials but its just another Kings Conspiracy theory.

And that's why I am here, I like the daily fantasizing and meltdowns!

You guys now who you are.

Addicted to the pain, you can't and won't stop!

And it actually gets real if the KIngs fall out of the playoffs.

That would trigger a real review from up top on down, with dominoes feeling like they have to knock over the dominoes below them to save their own spot in the sputtering franchise.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/los-angeles-kings/

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
For breaking news I rely on this forum.

For opinions my favorites are Hockey Royalty and the Bannermen. The Royal Rant, Back from the Crypt and Kings Fan Talk are mostly entertaining podcasts.

ATKM is solid, but no longer truly entertaining since it became a marketing / PR function and minus the royal half. Dooley is awful at expressing opinions and Jack Jablonski is under utilized. It is fun to hear more from Jim, Darryl and Nick lately though.

Mayors Manor is useful to keep track of what the current propaganda is up to. But I never read his website. His prospect hype is overblown while convenient but magically disappears when the kids get scratched at the nhl level.

When the team is sucking and I’m in the mood for schadenfruede, the LAKI comments and the Trevor Lewis of message boards, LGK, scratch the old itch.

Kings Realm is the absolute worst. Stupidly profane and zero interesting opinions while wasting 1 hour of recording time.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I used to get my Kings news from the LA Times, The Hockey News, and the Kings Hotline which had a recording of Nick Nickson giving us weekly updates.

We've come a long way since then. I think the first actual bit of Kings news I got to follow along online was the entire Gretzky trade speculation and saga in 1995-96. Newsgroups and bulletin boards were flooded with rumors.

Nowadays, I just rely on the reputable names for Kings news. Locally, there aren't very many options, but Friedman, Dreger, LeBrun, etc. are the ones I tend to follow. Sadly, The Athletic isn't what it once was and I no longer bother with their coverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad