Speculation: Where do we finish in the Standings?

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
Personally, I don´t care in which spot as long as the Pens are in the Play-Offs. Everything is possible from there, no matter what seed. There will be some teams where the Matchup will favour the Pens and there will be some teams where the Matchup will favour the opponent.

This team should be good enough to get into the Postseason, after that we will find out what happens.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Pens will prevail in the battle for the 4th and final playoff spot in the Metro.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
not sure where they will finish, but honestly i think the lower they finish while still making the playoffs the better. this team needs some humility/sense knocked him to them. i worry the sense of entitlement that has plagued this organization is still present, so maybe a stressful regular season where they have to sweat not making the playoffs could be a good thing.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
They'll cruise to first in the division. First or second in conference. Not really in doubt.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
For those who predicted lower than 2nd in the conference, just curious as to which teams you guys have ahead?

I said top 3. I think Boston, Tampa and Montreal are going to be really good. I'd still guess we finish first or second though, since Boston, Tampa and Montreal all play each other more than we play them.

I would guess most people predicting us lower than 2nd are expecting a bit of a stumble out of the gate with the new system, thinking this may drop us down a spot or two. I think it could let the number 2 team from the Atlantic ahead of us, but I think we should still be safely on top of the Metro.

ericfg

Sep 3, 2010
Naples, Fl.
I just don't see the Pens going anywhere this year.

As stated before, top 6 is worse, bottom 6 slightly better, defense is meh...

I believe that the talking heads are right, Tampa, Boston, and Montreal and WAY above the Pens is terms of overall talent and depth.

I bet that they don't win the Metro and end up seeded middle of the pack, losing in the 1st or second round yet again.

Same here. Second, or even third in the division (whatever our division is called this year) and a short playoff run at best.

So many questions.... How many games will Sid lose to injury this year? Will the old Geno show up consistently? Will new management make any real difference? Do we have any good wingerz? Will a D-man step up and captain the PP effectively? Can Fleury stop letting in those cheap goals? When will all that great depth Ray Shero drafted actually make any sort of impact? The list goes on.

Not expecting a lot from the regular season at all. And if we make the playoffs I'm assuming another embarrassing exit. I hope I am wrong; the last 5 years of playoff phone-ins have been pathetic to say the least so I don't want to see that yet again. We need a lot of skaters to step up, make a real impact and make a real run at The Cup. I just don't see that happening.

Michael8771*

I think we're a pretty solid team. IF BB can come back soon and IF we make a trade to bolster the top six, we are as good as anyone in the east. Even without these two components we have improved depth and skill in the bottom six. If the system is sound and maximizes our skilled players talents, we can have a very successful RS.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
what teams in our division are going to be better than us?

Maybe NYR, or perhaps Caps if their coach can fix them. Difference between Bylsma starting and Johnston is Bylsma kept the same system with a few tweaks while Johnston is starting fresh from the get go (so he wont hit fastest to 200 wins) so we wont finish as high as we can. Probably 100 points and 5th in the conference and 2nd in the division.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
NYR is the only team in the Metro with a roster that's as good as ours and they don't have anyone near as good as Sid and Geno. Unless we really stumble we should win the Metro, at worst a close 2nd. It's not really about that though, it's about if we play the right way down the stretch.

CorpseLW

Jan 7, 2009
Western PA
Penguins might improve their overall teamplay and skills this year under the new coach, but because of a lack of size and steel, I don't see this team doing much at all.

and the playoffs? forget doing anything there.

I suggest making a move for a big player like Byfuglien (or someone else) and a 2nd man-mountain to punish opponents. Can't see Pittsburgh doing anything ITF without more size and strength.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Same here. Second, or even third in the division (whatever our division is called this year) and a short playoff run at best.

So many questions.... How many games will Sid lose to injury this year? Will the old Geno show up consistently? Will new management make any real difference? Do we have any good wingerz? Will a D-man step up and captain the PP effectively? Can Fleury stop letting in those cheap goals? When will all that great depth Ray Shero drafted actually make any sort of impact? The list goes on.

Not expecting a lot from the regular season at all. And if we make the playoffs I'm assuming another embarrassing exit. I hope I am wrong; the last 5 years of playoff phone-ins have been pathetic to say the least so I don't want to see that yet again. We need a lot of skaters to step up, make a real impact and make a real run at The Cup. I just don't see that happening.

is this like a pens fan parody post?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad