Where do the Sabres finish this year ?

Where do they finish ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Bottom 9 to 12 would be a successful season, that would put us around 80-85 points, I am hoping for 90 but that is my end up optimism, my reality is telling me 80 to 85 if they get things figured out.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
voted 5-8, still think too many things need to go right for them to get beyond that. One more 'in limbo' season because of many of these vet slot fillers & meh contracts. Wish Asplund was a year further into his development to fill the ROR matchup role, need Borgen & Guhle to take a step in development, counting on Nylander, Thompson & Pilut to all excel is asking a bit much. Not holding my breathe that any of the vet stiffs have much bounce back, not gonna squeeze any blood from those turnips.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I said bottom 9-12 as a conservative guess... but my hope is that we push for a playoff spot. Should be a good year... can't wait for things to get started

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Torn between 5-8 and 9-12. Went optimistic for this one

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Bottom 1-4 for me. Just too many negatives in the bad column when looking at the Sabres for me to feel comfortable. We are the sort of team that would get swept by Ottawa and Montreal if Ottawa and Montreal decides it has nothing to lose.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sabres haven't won the opener since 2012. That's amazing to me. Probably sounds dumb but winning the opener will really boost this team. They may fall back down quickly but getting off to a good start will be huge and possibly change everything.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I have us in the 9-12 range.

My thinking was that Ottawa, NYR, NYI, Detroit, Montreal, and Vancouver should all be pretty bad.

We should be in the same class as Arizona, Carolina, Florida, Jersey, Edmonton, Dallas, and Colorado. With the three of the worst teams in the league sitting in our division, hopefully that gives us some cheap points.

Reactions: brian_griffin

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
I think they'll be in the 7-10 range. Its time for this team to start winning, and winning NOW. If we have a decent shot at Jack Hughes, then Phil Housley needs to go. At some point all this young talent we've collected has to start producing, I'm sick of losing.

Reactions: sabremike

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I think they'll be in the 7-10 range. Its time for this team to start winning, and winning NOW. If we have a decent shot at Jack Hughes, then Phil Housley needs to go. At some point all this young talent we've collected has to start producing, I'm sick of losing.
Have you seen Phil's lines at today's practice?

Suffering will continue.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
As for my pick, I'll go bottom 9-12. They'll be MILES better than last season....and I'll go with an 80-point season overall.

Buffalo MAY make a playoff charge, but even if they do it'll be short-lived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad