Where can I find the numbers/rank of team profits?

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
I found out how much each NHL franchise is worth rather easily.

Im having a much more difficult time finding data about how much money each team is winning/losing

Throw me a bone and you will have my thanks.

Dado

Roughly breaks down as...

Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal -> "fort knox profits"

Other Canadian and O-6 teams and the Flyers -> "intermittent profits"

Everybody else -> "wanna buy a hockey team?"

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
your tiers are pretty bad.

1. Montreal, Toronto, NYR
2. Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Vancouver
3. Philly, Dallas, Los Angeles, Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa

NJ has crept into tier 3 with the new arena, and pittsburgh has as well with their recent success + new arena.

4. Most other teams
5. Phoenix

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
According to the Globe and Mail and some of the poster here
1 Toronto 17 trillion dollars a season
1a Potental Winnipeg team national debt of 40 industrailized Countries combined per game
3 Montreal 10 Trillion per Season
4 Vancouver 9.99999999 Trillion per season
5 Edmonton 9.999999998 Trillion per season
6 Calgary 9.99998 Trillion Per season
7 Ottawa 9.98 Trillion Per season
8 Detriot 1 Billion dollar loss last year
other 23 undeserving market lost so much that stealing revenue sharing from the only six Canadian deserving teams only paid one games payroll for one team (Phoniex)

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
According to the Globe and Mail and some of the poster here
1 Toronto 17 trillion dollars a season
1a Potental Winnipeg team national debt of 40 industrailized Countries combined per game
3 Montreal 10 Trillion per Season
4 Vancouver 9.99999999 Trillion per season
5 Edmonton 9.999999998 Trillion per season
6 Calgary 9.99998 Trillion Per season
7 Ottawa 9.98 Trillion Per season
8 Detriot 1 Billion dollar loss last year
other 23 undeserving market lost so much that stealing revenue sharing from the only six Canadian deserving teams only paid one games payroll for one team (Phoniex)

Real funny.

At least no Canadian owner has come out and said he's paying welfare to American teams like your own American Ted Leonis of the Caps said a few years back he was paying welfare to Canadian teams.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Real funny.

At least no Canadian owner has come out and said he's paying welfare to American teams like your own American Ted Leonis of the Caps said a few years back he was paying welfare to Canadian teams.
Considering 2/3rds of the Canadian owners recieve (don't BS me and tell me they all only pay into it) or have recieved from the RS or the Canadian assistance pot that only leaves 2 to Complain.

Dado

Canadian Assistance "pot" was minuscule compared to current revenue sharing.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Considering 2/3rds of the Canadian owners recieve (don't BS me and tell me they all only pay into it) or have recieved from the RS or the Canadian assistance pot that only leaves 2 to Complain.

The point was who the **** cares what the media says. But when an owner of a team opens his big mouth and *****es and whines, that's so wrong on so many levels.

BTW do some research on the Canadian assistance plan. I'm pretty sure the total "welfare" Canadian teams received in the entire existence of the plan was less than what two of the biggest benefactors of RS in one year, and you can pick any year.

I'm not sure what and how much RS any Canadian team has received BUT I think so far it's a BIG FAT ZERO.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I'm not sure what and how much RS any Canadian team has received BUT I think so far it's a BIG FAT ZERO.
Any proof to back that statement up???? I can prove that 3 did qualify for RS monies BTW. I have yet to see where they returned any checks or cheques to the NHL.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Any proof to back that statement up???? I can prove that 3 did qualify for RS monies BTW. I have yet to see where they returned any checks or cheques to the NHL.

While I research what conditions a team has to meet to be eligible to receive RS, I'll share this article with you on what Canadian teams paid into RS for the 07-08 season.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...g-Wary-Of-Leagues-Revenue-Sharing-System.aspx

By the way, I didn't want this to degenerate into a RS pissing contest.
I only wanted to respond to your sarcastic initial post with the logic of who cares what the media says. What an owner says holds far more weight in my eyes, hence the reason for me mentioning big mouth Leonis.

As well, I don't think many Canadians care about RS and actually don't mind helping those franchises that need help within reason.

For what it's worth, thanks to mouser, here is the link outlining conditions to be eligible for RS. (post 8)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=20630353#post20630353

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
While I research what conditions a team has to meet to be eligible to receive RS, I'll share this article with you on what Canadian teams paid into RS for the 07-08 season.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...g-Wary-Of-Leagues-Revenue-Sharing-System.aspx

By the way, I didn't want this to degenerate into a RS pissing contest.
I only wanted to respond to your sarcastic initial post with the logic of who cares what the media says. What an owner says holds far more weight in my eyes, hence the reason for me mentioning big mouth Leonis.
Once again all teams (including Mine) pay into the system and receive back thier share (if they qualify) plus some ie Edmonton paid .8 million into the system and may have recieved around 10 million (just a guess) back for a net 9.2 mil in RS ditto Flames and Sens. BTW the Globe and Mail has been known to twists facts to fit it's agenda.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Once again all teams (including Mine) pay into the system and receive back thier share (if they qualify) plus some ie Edmonton paid .8 million into the system and may have recieved around 10 million (just a guess) back for a net 9.2 mil in RS ditto Flames and Sens. BTW the Globe and Mail has been known to twists facts to fit it's agenda.

What's the point of discussing anything with you.

The despicable Canadian media, despicable Canadian posters. Your favourite player probably isn't a despicable Canadian.

I don't think any Canadian team has received much under the current RS scheme. (if any) In fact Canadian teams and the profitable American ones are paying to keep other teams around but who cares.

All I know is ******* Leonis opened his big mouth a few years back...yet hasn't thanked those Canadian teams that have been responsible for him getting millions in RS (and they have received millions)

On that note---good night.NETD.

ThrasherMinion

Just Chucky
Oct 2, 2006
I think I recall that the NHLPA couldn't get the owners to open the books during the lockout. I'm sure there's also some cooked books out there. How is it that Forbes would have the holy bible of team earnings? Just asking not arguing!!!!! :nod:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
hey gnash, if you've got that data readily available, i'd love to see it.
I don't and neither does Forbes, The Globe and Mail or anyone else. That's my point!!! There is zero proof that Edmonton, Calgary, and Ottawa paid souly into the system and returned all of the RS checks they got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad