Where can I buy authentic Habs Jersey (1910/11) that was also worn in the Centennial year?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
canadiens_127.jpg

This is the jersey I'm looking for, and its listed for sale on [mod] which has to be 100% scam because its only $40. I'd love to find an actual authentic version of this. I asked about it in the ongoing thread about which historic jersey we should bring back as a 3rd but no luck. Does anyone know how to get one of these ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Would they still have these at the Bell Centre Boutique? If not, you would be able to order one, for sure.............probably around 300 bucks though...

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Would they still have these at the Bell Centre Boutique? If not, you would be able to order one, for sure.............probably around 300 bucks though...

I've been to the Bell Centre quite a few times on trips to Montreal since the Centennial year and unfortunately haven't seen them there, but I never thought to ask if they could order one.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
The $40 jerseys aren't a scam unless you're the NHL. The league is the one being scammed by these companies in China selling cheap knock-off's for $40. The thing is though, the knock-off's are often produced in the same sweatshop as the real McCoy's. They just cut a few corners, shall we say.

If you buy the one pictured, it will probably look genuine enough. But certain other jersey styles aren't as easily copied and it's easier to tell the difference between the real and the fake. I see this with knock-off Expos jersey's all the time. The logo on the front of the jersey will look a little weird and will usually be smaller than what it should be. The particular font that the Expos used to use on their old jerseys will sometimes be swapped for plain block numerals. The sizes will also be smaller. If you order say an XL from one of these knock-off places, the label will say XL but it will be about as big as an L if you're lucky.

I've seen lots of Habs jerseys on these sites where you can just tell by looking that the numbers aren't quite right or the coloring is off a shade. But for the style pictured in your post I think you'd be fine because the font is basic enough that they won't need to use a different one. Considering the vast price difference, it may be worth putting up with a slight imperfection.

Additionally, getting a real jersey like this is going to be costly because Reebok is no longer producing them. So you'll have to look on e-bay or hope that a store has some leftover unsold ones or something.

Back in 2010 the CFL and Reebok came out with retro style jerseys for each team. I snapped up a 1970's era Alouettes jersey and I'm glad I did because nowadays they're impossible to find. They weren't produced in large quantities to begin with and now that Reebok no longer produces jerseys for the CFL (Adidas is the official supplier now) they have no reason (and perhaps are not permitted) to keep producing them. I suspect that the same may be true of the Centennial jerseys.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Your best bet would be to either contact the Habs store and see if they have any left in the warehouse or maybe check on legit jersey trading sites like www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys

There are tons of sites that sell counterfeit jerseys but you really do get what you pay for.

Go to a game at the Bell Centre. You can spot the counterfeits a mile away. The material looks cheap. They never fit properly. The logos on them are loose and wrinkle easily (real jerseys have stiff logos that won't wrinkle). The fonts on the back are always wrong, and sometimes the colours are way off too.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Your best bet would be to either contact the Habs store and see if they have any left in the warehouse or maybe check on legit jersey trading sites like www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys

There are tons of sites that sell counterfeit jerseys but you really do get what you pay for.

Go to a game at the Bell Centre. You can spot the counterfeits a mile away. The material looks cheap. They never fit properly. The logos on them are loose and wrinkle easily (real jerseys have stiff logos that won't wrinkle). The fonts on the back are always wrong, and sometimes the colours are way off too.

Exactly, I have no interest in a cheap knock off. They look like shit.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Knock-off's are hit and miss and if it's a miss, good luck getting your money back. I bought a Red Sox jersey where the piping around the collar that goes down the front of the jersey was a lighter shade of red than the letters in the "RED SOX" across the front. The effect was to make the piping seem as though it's orange next to the darker red of the letters. It's un-wearable as a result. But I also got a knock-off 1966 Green Bay Packers throwback jersey which is identical to the real thing. It's properly sized, the colors are correct, the stitching is flawless.

Usually these knock-off sites post pictures of the actual jersey instead of just posting what the jersey is supposed to look like. I can usually tell just from the photos when the fonts are out of whack or the numbers and letters are the wrong size. Unfortunately this applies to pretty much all of the Habs jerseys I've ever seen advertised and as a result, on the rare occasions when I've bought knock-off's they were never Habs jerseys. I just can't find a fake one that can pass for a real one.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Unfortunately, at the present time, everything about the Habs feels like a "knock-off" right now.

Looks like an NHL team on the surface, but there were some corners cut and some sloppy work assembling it.

Reactions: snakeye

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Unfortunately, at the present time, everything about the Habs feels like a "knock-off" right now.

Looks like an NHL team on the surface, but there were some corners cut and some sloppy work assembling it.

and the material for the arms was somewhat surprisingly just thrown down the middle in hopes no one would notice.

Reactions: snakeye

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I lurk here sometimes, (just to see what you guys are up to) but I want to help you out.

I was looking for a couple of Bruins Reebok Edge 2.0 sweaters a few weeks ago and I can tell you that you will need to be persistent, especially since what you’re looking for isn’t a regular home or away sweater. Or even a normal 3rd sweater.

Check eBay. And I mean all the time. If you do that you may find what you’re looking for. I already looked at JerseyBaron, and they don’t have it. Sorry.

Also, familiarize yourself in how to spot the real sweaters from the knockoffs. Here’s a link: Fake vs. Officially Licensed: Why You Shouldn’t Buy Fakes and How to Spot Them

I’ll keep a lookout for you. I’ve been on a jersey binge lately, so it won’t be too much of a hassle. What size are you looking for?

Good hunting.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I lurk here sometimes, (just to see what you guys are up to) but I want to help you out.

I was looking for a couple of Bruins Reebok Edge 2.0 sweaters a few weeks ago and I can tell you that you will need to be persistent, especially since what you’re looking for isn’t a regular home or away sweater. Or even a normal 3rd sweater.

Check eBay. And I mean all the time. If you do that you may find what you’re looking for. I already looked at JerseyBaron, and they don’t have it. Sorry.

Also, familiarize yourself in how to spot the real sweaters from the knockoffs. Here’s a link: Fake vs. Officially Licensed: Why You Shouldn’t Buy Fakes and How to Spot Them

I’ll keep a lookout for you. I’ve been on a jersey binge lately, so it won’t be too much of a hassle. What size are you looking for?

Good hunting.

Awesome! Looking for size Medium. Really appreciate it!

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Awesome! Looking for size Medium. Really appreciate it!

The authentic jerseys come in numbered sizes. 46, 50, 52, 56... and larger sizes. If you see a size 48 - it’s a fake.

You’re going to want a 50 or 52, maybe. What size t-shirt do you wear? How tall and how heavy are you?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
The authentic jerseys come in numbered sizes. 46, 50, 52, 56... and larger sizes. If you see a size 48 - it’s a fake.

You’re going to want a 50 or 52, maybe. What size t-shirt do you wear? How tall and how heavy are you?

Oh, right. I have a Habs replica Reebok jersey that’s a medium (50). I’m 5’11 160, medium shirts.
Thanks again man! :thumbu:

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Oh, right. I have a Habs replica Reebok jersey that’s a medium (50). I’m 5’11 160, medium shirts.
Thanks again man! :thumbu:

Anytime. As I said, CONSTANTLY check eBay. I’ll keep my eye out too. As another poster said, try jersey trading/buy/sell sites. SOMEBODY has one they’ll let go for the right price.

Another thing - if it’s customized with a player's name and number that you don’t want - get it anyway. There ARE places that will remove the name and numbers and put on what you want. I did that with my one of my Bruins jerseys. I wanted Bergeron, but got someone else, so I’m sending the jersey to the company that actually letters and numbers the Boston Bruins uniforms. Hope to have it soon!

PS: pretty slick sweater you’re looking for. Hope you/we can find you one.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I just posted in the “Authentic Hockey Jersey Addicts” group on Facebook looking for your jersey. Included a picture, too. Would you say you’re a 52, given how tall you are?

These guys are SERIOUS about collecting authentic jerseys. Rare, obscure, etc... If they don’t know where one can be had, I’ll be shocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dagistitsyn

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I just posted in the “Authentic Hockey Jersey Addicts” group on Facebook looking for your jersey. Included a picture, too. Would you say you’re a 52, given how tall you are?

These guys are SERIOUS about collecting authentic jerseys. Rare, obscure, etc... If they don’t know where one can be had, I’ll be shocked.

50 or a 52. Thanks again my friend !!

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
50 or a 52. Thanks again my friend !!

You’re welcome!

Nothing yet, but the day is young. They seem really cool. They’ve already saved me from making a huge mistake about where to send my jersey for stripping and customization. I would have wasted a boatload of time and money.

Anyways, I’ll keep you posted.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
canadiens_127.jpg

This is the jersey I'm looking for, and its listed for sale on [mod] which has to be 100% scam because its only $40. I'd love to find an actual authentic version of this. I asked about it in the ongoing thread about which historic jersey we should bring back as a 3rd but no luck. Does anyone know how to get one of these ?
Don’t spend your money on the Habs until Bergevin is gone.

Reactions: BLONG7

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY
I've been to the Bell Centre quite a few times on trips to Montreal since the Centennial year and unfortunately haven't seen them there, but I never thought to ask if they could order one.
My wife bought that jersey from the shop in the practice facility in Brossard, but it was a few years ago. When we stopped at the shop in the Bell, that same weekend, they didn't have any centennial jerseys on the racks. It seemed like, at the time at least, the Brossard location was like the outlet-ish shop with the older stock. I'm assuming if you contacted either shop they could give you inventory available at either location, but maybe not.

Reactions: rfournier103

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Don’t spend your money on the Habs until Bergevin is gone.
Well the player for the jersey t you showed he was dumped, if anyone had radulov shirts they are peeved. Same with subban and Galchenyuk. Perhaps we can hasten his departure by putting his name on the back. you know

"AwfulGM" number 18 ( for the year, which is debatable I guess)

As much as I approve of the " don't support the habs", you should know you come off a bit like don Quixote. This isn't some struggling non traditional expansion team where starve the best might work. In montreal it won't. The most we can hope for is if the media in both languages REALLY turns on them.

Yeah I know, its a pipe dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad