Speculation: When will we trade for Erik Cole?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I know this is a joke thread, but Cole was a 30-goal, 60-point player as recently as last year and his trade value will probably never be lower than it is right now. If JR ever had any intention of bringing him back this would be the time to do it.

I don't want it to happen, I'm just sayin'.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
8 points in 30 games and $4.5m/yr cap hit for the next two years. Already has had one "change of scenery" this year and it hasn't worked to this point. Plays the same position as Semin, so how does he even fit with Stall?

The only thing that would make sense (from a 'Canes perspective at least) is Ruutu straight up

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
8 points in 30 games and $4.5m/yr cap hit for the next two years. Already has had one "change of scenery" this year and it hasn't worked to this point. Plays the same position as Semin, so how does he even fit with Stall?

The only thing that would make sense (from a 'Canes perspective at least) is Ruutu straight up

That would actually be a good move, if you're going to get stuck with a contract. Cole's deal is one year shorter and a little bit cheaper. I'd rather keep Ruutu but I could see it making sense from a book keeping perspective.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Remember when everyone wanted to string JR up by the balls because Cole had a good year last year?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

Looking at our cap page, if we get Semin to a 5 million contract, and resign everyone else to 1 million/League minimum, we'll have 4 million in cap space.

Just enough to trade for Cole if Dallas eats a third of his salary. :yo:

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
As you all know, Erik Cole left us with the remark "It will be nice to make the playoffs consistently now".

In a delicious twist of irony, the Canadiens collapsed and became a lotto team. Icing the oldest team in the NHL with an average age of 52.4, it looks like Erik Cole will be sipping gin and juice in his new job as Director of Speed Skating at the PNC Arena before the Canadiens compete again.

With even more irony, it looks like the Hurricanes are poised to compete for a playoff spot, with the Southeast division looking incredibly weak this year. How weak, you ask? Well, if Columbus and Winnipeg switch, Columbus will have a good chance of winning the division.

It's coming. It's just a matter of when.

Hello Habs fan here! :)

Irony you said...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad