When will we hear something about NHL 20?

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
There was an article floating around about how EA is shifting its resources back to the NHL franchise and how they are doubling the dev team for next year and beyond into next gen

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Do you have a link?

Only thing close I could find personally is this; Electronic Arts Inc. - EA Announces New Publishing Agreement with Velan Studios

Essentially, EA has an agreement with Velan, who has made games such as Guitar Hero, Skylanders, Rock Band, Super Mario Maker, Metroid Prime, Destiny and Uncharted to develop games for them, and Velan will be doubling their development team to do so. However Velan will be developing their own games under the EA title, not assisting on current titles.

I can't find anything that says EA is doubling their NHL series team.

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
Only thing close I could find personally is this; Electronic Arts Inc. - EA Announces New Publishing Agreement with Velan Studios

Essentially, EA has an agreement with Velan, who has made games such as Guitar Hero, Skylanders, Rock Band, Super Mario Maker, Metroid Prime, Destiny and Uncharted to develop games for them, and Velan will be doubling their development team to do so. However Velan will be developing their own games under the EA title, not assisting on current titles.

I can't find anything that says EA is doubling their NHL series team.
Thanks anyway

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
You mean NHL19 +1

Your are giving them too much credit with the +1. They are just going to make more purchasable things for HUT, world of whatever, and adjust gameliders to call it a "fix." aka Lex Luthor AI with Kryptonite Shooting Physics.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
You mean new patch. The game just gets worse year by year. They take out features that actually are good and add stupid stuff. The game wont move forward untill it gets a new motor which most likely is never

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
The new dev team is a slimmer of hope but this game has pretty much been identical the last 4 years. I mean, they roll out the EXACT same commentary and scorebug.

"Waffleboarded!"

Also FYI today is the NHL awards which means the NHL 20 teaser drops :eek:

Reactions: Thedogo

Welcome2Hell

Aug 9, 2010
NutleyNJ
The new dev team is a slimmer of hope but this game has pretty much been identical the last 4 years. I mean, they roll out the EXACT same commentary and scorebug.

"Waffleboarded!"

Also FYI today is the NHL awards which means the NHL 20 teaser drops :eek:
hope they keep "A good rub out" forever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad