When will LeBron retire?

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Lebron could pass Kareem's scoring record in the 24-25 season and then after that hang it up. I expect Bronny to not be that good and to stay 3-4 years in college making it unlikely they play with each other.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
2025 could also mark changes in TV broadcast rights for the NBA.

The league has been with ABC, ESPN and TNT since 2002.

It's very possible that at least one of those networks will not be broadcasting NBA games in 25-26.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lebron could pass Kareem's scoring record in the 24-25 season and then after that hang it up. I expect Bronny to not be that good and to stay 3-4 years in college making it unlikely they play with each other.
bronny isn't that good. but his name will no doubt get him into the NBA, if anything, just so lebron can accomplish his goal of playing on the same team as him

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What makes him so sure that they will be teammates?
it's lebron. he'll find a way to make it happen and he's made it no secret that it's his goal

either he'll stay in LA and convince the lakers to draft/sign him or if bronny ends up on another team he'll find a way to sign with that team

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
it's lebron. he'll find a way to make it happen and he's made it no secret that it's his goal

either he'll stay in LA and convince the lakers to draft/sign him or if bronny ends up on another team he'll find a way to sign with that team

This guy put it perfectly. & if Bronny ends up with a team thats close to the cap, I have no doubt Bron would take a salary hit.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I'm not that big of an NBA fan, but its pretty obvious he has 2 more goals. #1 all time in points and playing with his son. Just due to size, athleticism and his name he'll have a spot anywhere until he can achieve those goals.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
It would be interesting if a small market like OKC or Portland drafts Bronny. Would Lebron still sign there for his farewell tour?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Big fan of Lebron but his message about being more aggressive with the roster from windhorst and woj.

that is flat out stupid
you're the guy that traded away depth at an advanced age for a guy with an absurd cap hit
and I'm glad the lakers put their foot down on even more 1st rounders heading out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It would be interesting if a small market like OKC or Portland drafts Bronny. Would Lebron still sign there for his farewell tour?

Yup... his only goal now is to play with his son. Thats why even if his son isn't good enough to make a team, he will be put on a roster simply for the fact that you will be guaranteed LeBron for a season, even if its a farewell tour you would sell jerseys & tickets like crazy.

Big fan of Lebron but his message about being more aggressive with the roster from windhorst and woj.

that is flat out stupid
you're the guy that traded away depth at an advanced age for a guy with an absurd cap hit
and I'm glad the lakers put their foot down on even more 1st rounders heading out.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So Bronny James isn't an NBA talent at all?

More of a long shot. Media will make you think/assume hes going top 5 but thats obviously due to who his dad is.

Regardless he WILL get drafted/signed so that team can get Brons farewell tour. After that.... who knows. I think he'd be better off going to college for a year vs G League but I doubt he goes that route.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Hopefully soon. Lebron is the worst thing to happen to basketball AINEC.
Some garbage team is gonna draft his garbage son and 42 year old Lebron is going to average like 5 points a game on his farewell tour in Sacramento. Not only will it be Lebrons last year in the nba, but bronny’s as well.

i know lebron wants to buy a team too. I feel bad for whichever fanbase gets him as an owner. Dude is straight poison to a franchise. His ego has the makings to own a franchise straight to last place every year with no draft picks lol.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What a selfish move on his part. He is all but forcing the NBA to draft his son. This puts so much pressure on his son. It is also a way for Lebron to stay relevant and win another championship. Who ever is going to draft his son knows they are going to have a stacked roster because they can pay LeBron the league minimum. This is all about Lebron and not his son. Lebron is a chemistry killer.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What a selfish move on his part. He is all but forcing the NBA to draft his son. This puts so much pressure on his son. It is also a way for Lebron to stay relevant and win another championship. Who ever is going to draft his son knows they are going to have a stacked roster because they can pay LeBron the league minimum. This is all about Lebron and not his son. Lebron is a chemistry killer.
he couldn't care less about winning another title at this point

playing with his son and breaking kareem's record is all he's playing for

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
he couldn't care less about winning another title at this point

playing with his son and breaking kareem's record is all he's playing for
He's always been a padding the stats guy because he thinks that's how he'll become the greatest. People who watch him can see the difference. He doesn't have the heart of the greats.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Hopefully soon. Lebron is the worst thing to happen to basketball AINEC.
Some garbage team is gonna draft his garbage son and 42 year old Lebron is going to average like 5 points a game on his farewell tour in Sacramento. Not only will it be Lebrons last year in the nba, but bronny’s as well.

i know lebron wants to buy a team too. I feel bad for whichever fanbase gets him as an owner. Dude is straight poison to a franchise. His ego has the makings to own a franchise straight to last place every year with no draft picks lol.
Yes - arguably the greatest draw in NBA history is "the worst thing to happen in basketball".

The guy who has brought championships to three different franchises is "straight poison".

What drug are you on?

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Yes - arguably the greatest draw in NBA history is "the worst thing to happen in basketball".

The guy who has brought championships to three different franchises is "straight poison".

What drug are you on?
Weed and whiskey these days. Might have dropped acid the night I wrote that. The days all sort of blend together in retirement.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad