• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think he’s living this season in 20 game segments. If there’s a 70-75% loss clip in one of them, he’s gone.

For reference, our home record last year had a 73% loss rate.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I feel like this is implying that things can't possibly get better after the first game of the season lol.

If this year ends up being as bad as last year, it'll probably be next offseason (which isn't actually an option in the poll unless that falls into 'next season'). If they have a better year, I'm guessing he probably won't really be on the hot seat.

tl;dr ... he'll survive this full season either way. But what happens will probably depend on whether or not there's improvement this year.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I feel like this is implying that things can't possibly get better after the first game of the season lol.

If this year ends up being as bad as last year, it'll probably be next offseason (which isn't actually an option in the poll unless that falls into 'next season'). If they have a better year, I'm guessing he probably won't really be on the hot seat.

tl;dr ... he'll survive this full season either way. But what happens will probably depend on whether or not there's improvement this year.
If you decide to jump off the roof of a tall building what will be the end result? Obviously you are going to fall and hit the pavement, only someone who wants to ignore reality would say otherwise. Same with having Housley as your coach. He had a full season where he was exposed as totally incompetent and in way over his head. His team failed to show even an ounce of progress, and in fact regressed significantly. This entire preseason the only "progress" was being able to put Dahlin in the lineup. Absolutely no other progress has occured. Then we get totally and completely embarrassed in our home opener, looking like a giant disorganized tire fire. Given his track record do you REALLY think Housley is going to magically turn things around? Or is it more likely the season ends up falling to the ground and splattered all over the pavement?

Reactions: pigpen65

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo

Your thought fails because there isn't only one game of Housley's coaching career.

Reactions: sabremike

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I think it'll take at least another 20 threads about Housley to get him fired.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Honestly... next Summer. Botterill seems to be building a reputation of a patient person who wants to work through problems with people (not named RoR) and I don't see him canning Housley this season. Unless another coach shakes free I don't think they're going to let Davis Payne take over 20 games into the season. And by that point the playoffs will be out of reach.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
If you decide to jump off the roof of a tall building what will be the end result? Obviously you are going to fall and hit the pavement, only someone who wants to ignore reality would say otherwise. Same with having Housley as your coach. He had a full season where he was exposed as totally incompetent and in way over his head. His team failed to show even an ounce of progress, and in fact regressed significantly. This entire preseason the only "progress" was being able to put Dahlin in the lineup. Absolutely no other progress has occured. Then we get totally and completely embarrassed in our home opener, looking like a giant disorganized tire fire. Given his track record do you REALLY think Housley is going to magically turn things around? Or is it more likely the season ends up falling to the ground and splattered all over the pavement?
Yes. I think there's a legitimate possibility that we have a better record this year, than last year. That doesn't require a magical turnaround. :rolleyes:

Your thought fails because there isn't only one game of Housley's coaching career.
There's only one game with this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad