When will Bouchard be considered elite?

Tillain

Oct 12, 2008
Halifax
All I've seen on here is people saying Bouchard is a PP merchant, product of Ekholm etc.

He's got 37 pts in the past 24 playoff games, he's +10 in plus minus this playoffs, 3 game winning goals. He was 4th highest scoring dman in the regular season with over a PPG and +34 in plus/minus.

I've watched a ton of Oilers games and he passes the eye test too imo. He's often the key to Oilers getting out of their own zone. And his play in the offensive zone is unmatched.

I'm just wondering what he has to do in order for people to consider him elite? He's basically setting playoff records for dmen and nobody gives him notice.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
All I've seen on here is people saying Bouchard is a PP merchant, product of Ekholm etc.

He's got 37 pts in the past 24 playoff games, he's +10 in plus minus this playoffs, 3 game winning goals. He was 4th highest scoring dman in the regular season with over a PPG and +34 in plus/minus.

I've watched a ton of Oilers games and he passes the eye test too imo. He's often the key to Oilers getting out of their own zone. And his play in the offensive zone is unmatched.
He’s a better John Carlson, and Carlson was pretty damn good.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He makes some mistakes and is sometimes too casual, but IMO he was the MVP of a playoff series that had McDavid, Draisaitl, Hughes, Petterson, Hyman, Miller, Boeser, etc. in it. He was the best player on either team in that series. He outplayed the probable Norris trophy winner (Hughes probably) by a pretty sizable margin in that series. He deserves some props.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

I'm just wondering what he has to do in order for people to consider him elite? He's basically setting playoff records for dmen and nobody gives him notice.
Took like 5 years for Draisaitl to get any credit for not being a product of McDavid, so probably around that much time.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Right now, Bouchard is an offensive weapon on D like Makar, Hughes, Josi, and Hedman, which makes him elite right off the bat. I believe I heard that he scored his 5th goal of the series tonight. Are you kidding me? 5 goals in 7 games in a huge series? That's prime Al MacInnis-type stuff.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Right now, Bouchard is an offensive weapon on D like Makar, Hughes, Josi, and Hedman, which makes him elite right off the bat. I believe I heard that he scored his 5th goal of the series tonight. Are you kidding me? 5 goals in 7 games in a huge series? That's Al MacInnis-type stuff.

He was the best player in the series. Period.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
I dont watch Oilers enough to know how good he is defensively, but scoring wise he's awesome. Great shots from the blue line (slapshots and wristers on net), and he seems cool under pressure as he straddles the blue line strafing at 2 mph look to get a shot on net.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Defense is about a lot more than advanced stats. If he was that great, he’d be considered elite already.
Circular logic.

I've been watching these for every game this season and Bouchard has been well into positives defensively almost every game:
GOEtLIvWcAAv6Le

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad