When will Austin Watson be ready?

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
Watson has more offense than a lot of you think. He's just so so so good at defense he is always put in the defensive situations for most teams he has ever played for

I agree with this and a good observation. It appears he has been working on his offense and I also believe that he has more offense than many think. His time in Milwaukee has allowed him to hone his offensive game. Watson isn't going to dazzle with blazing speed or a lot of fancy moves but he has a good shot and is always around the net. What has been good to see is that the defensive part of his game hasn't suffered at all even though his offensive output has gone up.

yonkfan

Feb 5, 2013
Let's call a spade a spade....in Milwaukee, it's not a matter of top 6 vs bottom 6. They roll three lines pretty well. And even if they didn't....are you telling me that you consider Henderson-Van Guilder-Latta a top two line?

Watson isn't a victim. Stop making him out to be some kind of victim.

Last edited by a moderator:

yonkfan

Feb 5, 2013
Unless bodies start dropping like flies in Nashville....yeah, probably next season. He's been great, but it's all about development. Kid just turned 21. The more he develops in Milwaukee, the better he'll be in the big show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad