When the NHL comes back IDEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

I think when we all go to our first NHL game back whenever that is.

Everyone should bring monopoly money and throw it on the ice when they come on the ice at the beggining of the game before the anthems. :lol:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:

Everyone should bring monopoly money and throw it on the ice when they come on the ice at the beggining of the game before the anthems. :lol:

I'd much rather go and cheer on my team, as I always have.

Crows*

GregStack said:
I'd much rather go and cheer on my team, as I always have.
NO no.. I still love my Canucks and the players and cheer for them.

But I think it would make a good statement to them.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:
NO no.. I still love my Canucks and the players and cheer for them.

But I think it would make a good statement to them.

Why not throw it at the so hard pressed owners, they could use the extra cash.

Crows*

GregStack said:
Why not throw it at the so hard pressed owners, they could use the extra cash.

I see no crime in owners wanting to MAYBE MAKE A BIT OF CASH on their endevors?

It's so obvious the players make wayy too much , especially for the state of the NHL Right now. It's way off base with say.... the womens bowling on espn 2 which gets higher ratings than NHL hockey in the states. I think the ABA should pay their bowlers millions. :shakehead

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Crows said:

I was going to suggest human sacrifice, but hey, sacrifice, throw fake money, its all good ;)

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:
I see no crime in owners wanting to MAYBE MAKE A BIT OF CASH on their endevors?

It's so obvious the players make wayy too much , especially for the state of the NHL Right now. It's way off base with say.... the womens bowling on espn 2 which gets higher ratings than NHL hockey in the states. I think the ABA should pay their bowlers millions. :shakehead

The players make the going rate for entertainers. I have said it many times before, and will continue to say it--I don't believe the owners represent anywhere near their actual funds. Any other type of business in the world has to risk things to make money, and if they fail more often than not, they end up being bankrupt, and business ends. I'm sure some owners do lose money, and that's a shame, however if they are really concerned about it, then they should just get out of the business, and invest in savings bonds, or GICs.

Crows*

GregStack said:
The players make the going rate for entertainers. I have said it many times before, and will continue to say it--I don't believe the owners represent anywhere near their actual funds. Any other type of business in the world has to risk things to make money, and if they fail more often than not, they end up being bankrupt, and business ends. I'm sure some owners do lose money, and that's a shame, however if they are really concerned about it, then they should just get out of the business, and invest in savings bonds, or GICs.

There have been what. 4 or 5 bankrupcies lately.

Secondly most of the owners are in it because they like hockey.

Hell if I had enough money ide buy a team even if i lost a tiny bit every year or broke even. But it aint a crime to make some money.

Tha'ts like me going to my boss and telling him how to run his costs.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:
There have been what. 4 or 5 bankrupcies lately.

Secondly most of the owners are in it because they like hockey.

Hell if I had enough money ide buy a team even if i lost a tiny bit every year or broke even. But it aint a crime to make some money.

Tha'ts like me going to my boss and telling him how to run his costs.

Here's a suggestion then, go to your boss and offer a 24% paycut of your wages, since you're so concerned he makes money :D .

I also don't think owners should be on the hook year after year losing money, I just think the owners need to be responsible for their errors (and yes, they are trying to fix them I know). Simply put--the owners are just as responsible (if not more) for the length of the lockout as the players are, and going to a game and insulting/playing a joke, or whatever you'd like to call it, is not entirely right.

-I wasn't really trying to argue with you, simply commenting.

Crows*

GregStack said:
Here's a suggestion then, go to your boss and offer a 24% paycut of your wages, since you're so concerned he makes money :D .

I also don't think owners should be on the hook year after year losing money, I just think the owners need to be responsible for their errors (and yes, they are trying to fix them I know). Simply put--the owners are just as responsible (if not more) for the length of the lockout as the players are, and going to a game and insulting/playing a joke, or whatever you'd like to call it, is not entirely right.

-I wasn't really trying to argue with you, simply commenting.

Firstly. I wouldn't offer back a 24 percent rollback because the place I work at is a massive corporation owned by the richest man in BC which is doing incredibly well.

Employee salaries were low 5 years ago but ever since the success of the company, our salaries have gone up 35 percent. WE share and are partners in the success and decline of our company. PS I am in a union;) WHICH I HATE!

I was even present during our last CBA meetings.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:
Firstly. I wouldn't offer back a 24 percent rollback because the place I work at is a massive corporation owned by the richest man in BC which is doing incredibly well.

Employee salaries were low 5 years ago but ever since the success of the company, our salaries have gone up 35 percent. WE share and are partners in the success of our company. PS I am in a union;) WHICH I HATE!

I'm also in a union that I hate, I believe the only benefit I get is free chocolate milk with every meal I purchase...

I wish we'd get a sweet deal like the players did a while back ;-).

Crows*

GregStack said:
I'm also in a union that I hate, I believe the only benefit I get is free chocolate milk with every meal I purchase...

I wish we'd get a sweet deal like the players did a while back ;-).
HAHA I wish i got chocolate milk, because that would have been incredible for the way my union works. :cry:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:
HAHA I wish i got chocolate milk, because that would have been incredible for the way my union works. :cry:

lol, most people do like the chocolate milk, however I'd rather drop the $20 union dues, and pay for my own darn milk...lol

Crows*

GregStack said:
lol, most people do like the chocolate milk, however I'd rather drop the $20 union dues, and pay for my own darn milk...lol
OH boy I hear you.

Union fees add up so much.

I think I was paying 17 bucks off every paycheck for union fees, then an additional 5 bucks for an initiation fee which lasted about 8 months.I get paid every week.

It ads up over the year and hurts.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:
OH boy I hear you.

Union fees add up so much.

I think I was paying 17 bucks off every paycheck for union fees, then an additional 5 bucks for an initiation fee which lasted about 8 months.I get paid every week.

It ads up over the year and hurts.

So it's official, we throw the monopoly money at our unions, and call it a day? lol

Crows*

GregStack said:
So it's official, we throw the monopoly money at our unions, and call it a day? lol
Ide do that willingly lol.

PS: is the NHLPA actually a union? They are an assosiation.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Crows said:

We hear it refered to as the Union many a time...however I'm not really sure...

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Crows said:

For the last time, a union does NOT need to have the word "union" in their name to qualify as such. My union is called a "federation".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad