When Lidstrom is done with his career, where is he ending up?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Probably should've checked on Pronger. 2000 was one of the best performances by a d-man ever, at least since Orr, shame Pronger's never been able to capture that magic again. Neidermeyer was a very close second and really the 2nd time Lidstrom has faced and beaten truely strong competition. Neids would have won. Chelios was great in '02, but his lack of offence would have made him vunerable for alot of voters, if Howe outscores Blake, then he has a very good chance that year. Lidstrom killed the competition in 00-01, he may have had over the hill competition, but he was head and shoulders above the rest, Howe would likely win.

So, of Lidstroms 4 Norris wins, we can guestimate that Neidermeyer takes one, MacInnis takes one and Howe would have a shot at two, one almost certain win and one with tough competition from Chelios.

Like Lidstrom did? That's the one year where Nick got edged out on that bugs me.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Probably should've checked on Pronger. 2000 was one of the best performances by a d-man ever, at least since Orr, shame Pronger's never been able to capture that magic again. Neidermeyer was a very close second and really the 2nd time Lidstrom has faced and beaten truely strong competition. Neids would have won. Chelios was great in '02, but his lack of offence would have made him vunerable for alot of voters, if Howe outscores Blake, then he has a very good chance that year. Lidstrom killed the competition in 00-01, he may have had over the hill competition, but he was head and shoulders above the rest, Howe would likely win.

So, of Lidstroms 4 Norris wins, we can guestimate that Neidermeyer takes one, MacInnis takes one and Howe would have a shot at two, one almost certain win and one with tough competition from Chelios.
Chelios was good enough to win the Norris in 2001-02. He lost by only 41 votes, and had one less first-place vote than Lidstrom. (Lidstrom put up the big gains with 10 more second place votes).

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Just wondering as i've never seen him play, but were would you put Tim Horton on that list.
I picked him in the all-time draft as about the 15th defenceman, and I think that's right about where he belongs. One of the strongest players ever, and one of the best defensive defencemen ever. If he played at a time when defencemen were able to jump up into the play, I think he'd have put up close to a point-per-game. He did set the record for most points by a defenceman in the playoffs in 1962.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad