When is the next time a non-forward will win the Hart?

When is the next time a non-forward will win the Hart?

• Total voters

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'll go 3-5. Tons of young talent at all positions. I could see a young d-man taking one home.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Price is signed through 2025-26, so some time after that.
I realize you're making a joke... But I don't get it. You say no non-forward can win until Price retires, but you also suggest Price won't win. What does Price have to do with anything if you don't think he can win?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
No idea.

Kinda sad that the Hart is turning into a scoring award, much like the NFL MVP is turning into a best QB award.

Top defenseman who are elite defensively, and maybe the odd exceptional goalie season should get consideration on a yearly basis.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I realize you're making a joke... But I don't get it. You say no non-forward can win until Price retires, but you also suggest Price won't win. What does Price have to do with anything if you don't think he can win?

The last two non-forward Hart winners were Theodore and Price. I was poking fun at Habs writers homer voting their ballots.

On a more serious note, with the way offense is being funneled through defensemen nowadays, they're in the best position they've even been to accumulate Hart votes.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The last two non-forward Hart winners were Theodore and Price. I was poking fun at Habs writers homer voting their ballots.

On a more serious note, with the way offense is being funneled through defensemen nowadays, they're in the best position they've even been to accumulate Hart votes.
Yeah I understand that, maybe the joke is just going over my head.

Agreed on that point. D-men are becoming a huge part of offence and I absolutely could see it happening with the number of P/G d-men we've seen lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad