When is the 2013 qmjhl draft?

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
will be this fall guaranteed if they get the team.....the word is one quebec team and 2 Maritime teams are being targeted for the move.

Who cares about the "word"?

The reality is that NO Maritimes team is moving this Fall!

As for a Quebec based team, it is still more frivolous of a rumour as we all know BC and VD are not moving.

Some people like to throw balls in the air with no ground to it and let them fly to see how high they will fly....

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Who cares about the "word"?

The reality is that NO Maritimes team is moving this Fall!

As for a Quebec based team, it is still more frivolous of a rumour as we all know BC and VD are not moving.

Some people like to throw balls in the air with no ground to it and let them fly to see how high they will fly....

Yep, I call that the "all good special"

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Bathurst has been sold to a group that will keep the team in Bathrust...

Saint John, Halifax and Moncton won't be moving... CB is a possibility but unlikely...

Who's the QC team ?

NO team is on the radar for the next 2-3 years and some Quebec group is putting pressure on Courteau as they had raised their hopes and the last one was Bathurst to which Courteau had promised to give preference to a local purchase and it went through.

Some guys will have to sit back and wait in line for next time around....

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Waiting for someone to suggest expansion, as if there aren't enough Jr. A players in the league as is lol

Also didn't the Q say they wanted to go back to the states soon? aka Maine

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
i would bet my house that no teams are moving before next year.
I dont think the league is ignorant enough to announce such a big move during the last two rounds of the playoffs. It's too late for a move, unless they do something like Lewiston all over again. The league nor the teams particularly enjoyed the process of selling players and picks, and basically auctionning a franchise...

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
i would bet my house that no teams are moving before next year.
I dont think the league is ignorant enough to announce such a big move during the last two rounds of the playoffs. It's too late for a move, unless they do something like Lewiston all over again. The league nor the teams particularly enjoyed the process of selling players and picks, and basically auctionning a franchise...

Ye definitely no Maritimes teams moving.

-SJ just went to back-to-back Mem cups, they're fine
-Moncton has never had problems
-PEI just had a name change to take place this season, why would they all of a sudden move before playing a game with the new name? lol
-CB denied dumb rumors, hired a assistant coach who has made plans to come to CB next year, ownership wouldn't approve it if there was a chance of moving the team... And they just got the 1st overall pick and have started selling the idea of a #1 overall pick playing in CB next year.
-Halifax...
-A/B was just sold to local investors. I doubt local investors bought the team to move it.

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
The Rocket will be the team moving according to sources savards are selling and if no locals come up with th money in 10 day we are losing our team to Sorel

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
Savard is a bum and has lied to us fr the last numberof years. I will miss the rocket but I wil not miss that loser

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
interesting....I guess my sources may not have been that bad huh......but nobody wants to give me the credit.....hmmmmmmmm.....only like to trash me but not say when I am right.....Clemq just lost his house......I feel bad if the PEI rumor is true.....great place for those kids to play in a great town.......hoping it is not true

:handclap::) Well that might end up being an expensive bet!!!
Could end up being true, but, last time i checked Willi Pavlov was not the commissioner of the league or the owner of the teams involved :)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
interesting....I guess my sources may not have been that bad huh......but nobody wants to give me the credit.....hmmmmmmmm.....only like to trash me but not say when I am right.....Clemq just lost his house......I feel bad if the PEI rumor is true.....great place for those kids to play in a great town.......hoping it is not true

Credit for what? It was a rumor for a long time - not to mention you said it was CB that was moving then you later backtracked, as you do, and went vague with saying a Maritimes team :laugh:

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

You guaranteed that CB was going to move, initially. You were wrong.

It sucks to hear that there's a chance that PEI could move..I love the area and the players I have come in contact with really liked playing there.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
PEI is a great place to play and live. Holds great pride for our country........but if they move to Sorel, Then I will support that franchise in the best interest of the league.

Of course there's not much anyone can do who isn't directly involved in the situation. Just hoping that there's a way they can figure out a way to keep the team and turn a profit within the next 8 days.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Of course there's not much anyone can do who isn't directly involved in the situation. Just hoping that there's a way they can figure out a way to keep the team and turn a profit within the next 8 days.

Someone get Brad Richards on the horn for a $2 million donation :sarcasm: or Dion Phaneuf and him can each chip in 1 mill?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad