When is the 2013 qmjhl draft?

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I say this with all respect but I diagree strongly with your statement. I have spoken to players that have played MIDGET AAA in Qquebec and have gone to prep schools and every single player has mentioned that prep school is weakere caliber than midget AAA in quebec. This has come from over 30 players I have spoken to in the last 3 years.

I'm not talking no New England prep.

Minnesota prep is very strong...

It's going to be weak when you're playing on power house Salisbury.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Look, you cannot look at it that way. Those are seleted players who are far and few between. It is a small tiny percentage compared to the rest of the players that are in prep. This is why they put up those numbers because the league is not very strong. I am not inventing this , it is just a fact. It is a handful of playeres over many years. That is not many. Wwhen Esposito went to Shattuck he put up numbers, but his numbers in the q were not great and where is he now?.......Do not bring up Crosby, that is an exception.

...I don't understand what you're talking about. Noel put up fairly modest stats in a much older league, that right there should tell you that it's a tough league for a 15 year old. The top quebecois forwards are putting up over a point per game in midget and Noel isn't even at a point per game. Noel plays in a tougher league.

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
Enough time on Noel he is a good player that will be drafted fairly high, I see a list of names of some of the top draft eligible players from Quebec anyone have a list of Atlantic kids?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Noel is playing prep at Shattuck as an underage... Nobody seems to understand what that means :shakehead

Last guy to do it was Emerson Etem and he only produced 28 points in 58 games that year.... He ended his WHL career with 252 points in 202 games, appeared in 2 World Junior Championships, was a first round NHL draft pick and at 20 years old has played over 25 NHL games...

I get it's not always easy to see a player in Minnesota when you're in the QMJHL region and you might have to resort to stats, but if you do, at least give them a little bit of analysis :p:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I find that Prep is overrated in NE but underrated as a whole.

I can't say I've read every post in here, I'm just preaching what I've preached all season, but anyone saying Shattuck Prep is weak needs a head shaking :laugh:

4 players from Shattuck Prep last year alone got drafted into the NHL:
Theo Blueger (F) (Pittsburgh Round 2, Pick 52)
John Draeger (D) (Minnesota Round 3, Pick 68)
Zach Stepan (F) (Nashville Round 4, Pick 112)
Hunter Fejes (F) (Phoenix Round 6, Pick 178)

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yes, and Audette is a highly skilled player, however you saw how he had difficulty adapting to the league as a small 16 year old. A bigger forward like Aalexis Pepin had an easier time of it because of his size. You have to look at this when drafting a player or else the entire league would be full of small players, which is not the case. The q is getting bigger and bigger as they look for size and skill to resemble more the OHL. Where the WHL is big also but not as skilled.

The QMJHL has won the last 3 Memorial Cups because those teams focused on getting bigger combined with skill.
that's totally wrong. size means far less in today's game than it did 5-10 years ago.

so what if pepin adapted quicker as a 16 year old? that doesn't mean he'll be better at 17, 18, 19. and if he is, its probably because he's better. not because he's bigger.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I can't say I've read every post in here, I'm just preaching what I've preached all season, but anyone saying Shattuck Prep is weak needs a head shaking :laugh:

4 players from Shattuck Prep last year alone got drafted into the NHL:
Theo Blueger (F) (Pittsburgh Round 2, Pick 52)
John Draeger (D) (Minnesota Round 3, Pick 68)
Zach Stepan (F) (Nashville Round 4, Pick 112)
Hunter Fejes (F) (Phoenix Round 6, Pick 178)
Minnesota high school hockey is very good caliber.... Prep is even better.

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Look, you cannot look at it that way. Those are seleted players who are far and few between. It is a small tiny percentage compared to the rest of the players that are in prep. This is why they put up those numbers because the league is not very strong. I am not inventing this , it is just a fact. It is a handful of playeres over many years. That is not many. Wwhen Esposito went to Shattuck he put up numbers, but his numbers in the q were not great and where is he now?.......Do not bring up Crosby, that is an exception.
its a select group of players who make up a very small percentage....because they are elite. 15 year olds who play prep at shattuck, and do well there are few and far between....because they are elite.

you are indeed inventing this. you have no facts, only opinions for the purpose of making a kid look bad.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Some of the highest point getters in the Q right now are 5'9" or listed as 5'10" (like Noel) but actually shorter lol

Ben Duffy, Josh Currie, Zach O'Brien, Alex Lavoie, J-S Dea, Saulnier twins, Beaudry, Ashley, Maillet, Clapperton, Miceli, Hynes, Boudreau, Verrier, Halley, Hudon.

I'm 100% sure Jonathan Drouin was listed at 5'8" at the 2011 draft because I remember people saying he'd be too small haha

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Some of the highest point getters in the Q right now are 5'9" or listed as 5'10" (like Noel) but actually shorter lol

Ben Duffy, Josh Currie, Zach O'Brien, Alex Lavoie, J-S Dea, Saulnier twins, Beaudry, Ashley, Maillet, Clapperton, Miceli, Hynes, Boudreau, Verrier, Halley, Hudon.

I'm 100% sure Jonathan Drouin was listed at 5'8" at the 2011 draft because I remember people saying he'd be too small haha

Lol @ Drouin being too small.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Lol @ Drouin being too small.

Ye this happens every year with a few people. I donno how people forget that the Q is where the little guys play big. Anyone know who Connor Garland is ;)

If he was a 5'9" goalie then I'd be worried.

It's not that far-fetched to think he'll stretch another inch or two the next couple years

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Noboy said he was better because he was bigger. Wwhat was said was easier adaptation because of size and only the true exception, when small, really succeed. You bring up guys like Drouin, he is crazy skilled with nhl IQ and hands......why are you being unfair and setting false expectations on Noel, not fair to him.......please do not turn this into a foolish argument and stay clean.
if the only difference is an easier adaptation to the qmjhl, i don't see size being a factor in the decision of who to draft. teams don't draft players for what they'll do at 16. if a kid adapts within a couple of months because he's bigger, and it takes the smaller kid closer to a year to adapt, who cares? what's the big deal about that?

i'm not being unfair or putting false expectations on noel. i haven't even mentioned noel.

nathan noel's size will not scare off any teams. he's not too small.

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
90 percent of the guys you mention have never been drafted into the Nhl.......you think I am inventing that to?
Teams aren't looking for future NHLers, they're looking for future QMJHLers. In this case, I can all but confirm Noel will be in the top five, and I also know that Cape Breton, and Shawinigan, are interested in him, and I also know that many other teams would be more than happy if he fell out of the top five. This draft, to me, is exactly like the NHL draft. Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, and Barkov are all but assured top four draft spots, but it can be debated on the order which they go, and what a team is looking for. Its the same as the Q with Noel, Beauvillier, and the two Roys.

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
Teams aren't looking for future NHLers, they're looking for future QMJHLers. In this case, I can all but confirm Noel will be in the top five, and I also know that Cape Breton, and Shawinigan, are interested in him, and I also know that many other teams would be more than happy if he fell out of the top five. This draft, to me, is exactly like the NHL draft. Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, and Barkov are all but assured top four draft spots, but it can be debated on the order which they go, and what a team is looking for. Its the same as the Q with Noel, Beauvillier, and the two Roys.

Where do you see Sprong and Deschene in this mix

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Btw Jon Goyens reads these boards, a poster said so himself. I won't name names but a few Lac St Louis high ups read these boards.

I'm sure they watch out for these things.

Last edited:

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
You'd be surprised at the number of players, parents, and coaches who read the boards...

And on Sprong and Deschenes, I see Sprong slipping a bit, and he should go late first, and I see Deschenes in the second round. Sprong definitely has the potential to be the best in the draft, but he could bust under a Q system just as easily due to him to wanting to be a defensive player.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
You'd be surprised at the number of players, parents, and coaches who read the boards...

And on Sprong and Deschenes, I see Sprong slipping a bit, and he should go late first, and I see Deschenes in the second round. Sprong definitely has the potential to be the best in the draft, but he could bust under a Q system just as easily due to him to wanting to be a defensive player.
Players yes, everyone else no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad