Post-Game Talk: When in Doubt, Shootout: Sabres 3 Leafs 4

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
And yet your entire point was still that I'm probably someone who lets hockey be a negative influence on my life. You say it's sarcasm and yet it wasn't. Sarcasm is when you mean the opposite of what you're saying. You mean exactly what you're saying.

Thanks for taking the time to teach my what being a fan is really all about, though. I appreciate it.

:facepalm:

I'll explain it as simple as I can and be done with it.

You are the one that has failed to understand my point so please don't try to tell me what I mean. If you choose to take it personally and take it as an insult than by all means, but I'll be clear that wasn't the point. If you want to convince yourself otherwise, again, that's on you and I don't care because I can't control that. I was making no real assumptions about you as a person. You judged a particular type of fan by the way they approach their team and you insulted them (yet while you play victim by my comments you take no accountability for you own shadiness). I simply took your negative 'I'm a realist fan' approach and basically gave you a taste of the shoe being on the other foot. It was all in teaching you a lesson which is why my QUESTOION was sarcastic and rhetorical. You began the assumptions and insults. I turned the tide on you and asked if it was fun. Clearly you being on the other end of it would not likely be a fun experience. The comment had nothing to do with drawing personal opinons about you as a person or the way you live your life. This is the damn internet afterall. I used your approach simply to show you how your approach can just as easily be turned around on you and made to make you look like a lesser fan (or perhaps more stupid - like the way you tried to make out some fans).

I also said that it's perfectly fine for you to have your opinoin and it's also fine for others to challenge your approach so I'm not sure why you're trying to play victim and act like I'm teaching you how to be a fan. The entire approach was that there is no right or wrong way to be a fan. If you want to be negative, be negative. If you want to be positive, be positive. Being positive doesn't mean you have be likened to a child that doesn't know better just like being negative doesn't mean that you need to be likened to a bitter, pessimistic person. If you misinterpreted my post, that's fine. But I've explained myself as best I could and if you want to take it any other way, have fun talking to yourself because there's not much more I can say to explain myself.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So I was just taking a poop at work and they were playing TSN Radio with Jeff O'Neil? Or whatever his name is. I don't listen to radio like at all.

Anyways, is he always stupid and acts like he mores than he knows or is it just a bad day? He was saying that Broll > Komarov. Without once mentioning Komarov's PK abilities, defensive play, etc.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
So I was just taking a poop at work and they were playing TSN Radio with Jeff O'Neil? Or whatever his name is. I don't listen to radio like at all.

Anyways, is he always stupid and acts like he mores than he knows or is it just a bad day? He was saying that Broll > Komarov. Without once mentioning Komarov's PK abilities, defensive play, etc.

Jeff O'Neil is pretty much always like that. He singlehandedly brings down Leafs Lunch.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010

First of all...TMI! Secondly, yes Jeff is rather ill informed at times. Broll may or may not be better(I don't see enough Marlies sadly) but Jeff is not the sharpest tack.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Before anyone jumps on me, I didn't get into hockey until 2009 so forgive me for not knowing that Jeff O'Neill was a hockey player and actually played for the Leafs. :laugh:

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
First of all...TMI! Secondly, yes Jeff is rather ill informed at times. Broll may or may not be better(I don't see enough Marlies sadly) but Jeff is not the sharpest tack.
Yeah Broll is not better than Komarov in anyway shape or form yet, besides dropping the mits.

Kyle Doobas*

Before anyone jumps on me, I didn't get into hockey until 2009 so forgive me for not knowing that Jeff O'Neill was a hockey player and actually played for the Leafs. :laugh:
Well, he was definitely.... there, but I don't know if you can say he played for the Leafs.

Darylman

Aug 1, 2009
Jeff O Neil is the best thing about Leafs Lunch...he frequently contradicts himself, and don't worry about **** like Broll > Komarov..its an opinion. He's pure entertainment.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
so the Leafs win the Winter Classic
everyone's up in arms

lose the next four games... one being a big upset
everyone's crying
trade this trade that, fall out of the standings a bit

beat the devils
and the Big Bruins, everyone is happy again
along with Buffalo...

everyone has their pants off ?
in a matter of a month

wth is wrong with people, it's an 82 game season

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
so the Leafs win the Winter Classic
everyone's up in arms

lose the next four games... one being a big upset
everyone's crying
trade this trade that, fall out of the standings a bit

beat the devils
and the Big Bruins, everyone is happy again
along with Buffalo...

everyone has their pants off ?
in a matter of a month

wth is wrong with people, it's an 82 game season
Welcome to Leafs Nation. Here's your ID card. I hope you enjoy your stay.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Right. Lets all pretend that collapsing in the third and then winning in a shootout is the same as winning because we held the lead.

If you look at the league standings sorted by regulation and OT wins, you actually get a pretty accurate ranking of NHL teams. It puts the Leafs tied for 7th last with the Jets.

Any time they don't get their ***** shot off by the opposition I take it as a big positive. Thirty games to put it together or tank. I am good either way because I think it will take a collapse to get rid of RC and I am no longer convinced he can win with this group.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad