when hockey was fun

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
If you have an at least somewhat analytic mind you should be able to have abstract comprehensions. The scheme you describe is only true for a very simple mind.

Had to chuckle at your use of "abstract comprehensions". All i was saying is that best is a subjective term in this context, and people tend to enjoy things like hockey more in their youth than as an adult.

PS: the word you are looking for is "schema", not "scheme"

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
People always argue about when hockey was best but just like almost anything, the most fund era is whatever era occured in your youth

Pretty much this. People criticized that hockey was too violent in the 70s and people that grew up watching in that era always say those were the days.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Everything is cyclic in the NHL, teams try and copy success and the flavour of the day is speed and skill but you are also seeing lots of borderline hits as players try and find the line. There's lots of easy targets who have forgotten the fundamentals of protecting themselves and think they are playing in all-star games. Once a physical team learns to find the balance to be able to hurt/intimidate players legally and can keep up with the pace and skill they will have success and will be the new flavour of the day

That's my hope anyways
Won’t ever happen. Legal hits (by the wnhl standards) are now 5+ game or more. When every big hit is reviewed in .1 seconds, it’s over. In 5 years, fighting will be a suspension. By then, so will any open ice “hits”. Over/under on women joining the “NHL?” I say less than 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad