GDT: When forces of Nature Meet

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Professionals or not, given their youth, maybe they can't or won't get their hineys to bed on a Saturday night. Or, even if they do, they have trouble being motivated. Forslund keeps talking about how awful the long home stand actually is for team performance as many get too comfy being back at home.

Given our team's propensity to cut people loose and trade them away in bundles, out of fear of being sent packing to no man's land, I would be highly motivated to play better and try to produce results around this time of the year. The runway appears to be very short in a Dundon organization if there is true cause for concern.

Maybe, as suggested above, sprinkle in a few Checkers here and there and let some experience the pine when there's an opportunity. Not sure how you motivate the untouchables though as they seem to be a bigger part of the problem.

Have to say I am envious watching Pittsburgh, repeatedly undergoing actual adversity, blaze up the standings with their collection of call ups, fill ins, etc. Having a winner's mental toughness and mentality can't be understated.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Professionals or not, given their youth, maybe they can't or won't get their hineys to bed on a Saturday night. Or, even if they do, they have trouble being motivated. Forslund keeps talking about how awful the long home stand actually is for team performance as many get too comfy being back at home.

Given our team's propensity to cut people loose and trade them away in bundles, out of fear of being sent packing to no man's land, I would be highly motivated to play better and try to produce results around this time of the year. The runway appears to be very short in a Dundon organization if there is true cause for concern.

Maybe, as suggested above, sprinkle in a few Checkers here and there and let some experience the pine when there's an opportunity. Not sure how you motivate the untouchables though as they seem to be a bigger part of the problem.

Have to say I am envious watching Pittsburgh, repeatedly undergoing actual adversity, blaze up the standings with their collection of call ups, fill ins, etc. Having a winner's mental toughness and mentality can't be understated.

No one is untouchable. No one is exempt from the coach saying "I think you need a game off".

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Now you need to go post a hurricane video to the Jets board.
is a sergei a big hurricane? surely is but waiting for confirmation. canada is climate people. due to big hurry, customers will be executed in strict rotation.

Reactions: Tryamw

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
A missed hook and a missed icing. Why does this league hate us?
Duh.

Don Cherry's Ghost is stronk.

Thing is, the hate will beget more popularity, if that matters in an already sold out barn. For one case, some my "landlubber" rels never heard of Canes before, now they keep an eye open because it's a fun team. [EdT: not because 'Ho ho ho but because storm surges before Xmas, I mean]

(And they'd probably hate anyone who opens their mouth to say something, for the thing said or just for being so out loud and irritable.) [I hope this doesn't happen in rural Czechia. We must have brutal places to make hockey players in sufficient quantities.]

[EdT: I'm trying to find out where this came from. Could have been my head. Worrisome.]

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad