When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Say the fans of every rebuilding team since time immemorial.
Unless it's the Sens. Then it's we are here, we are great, we have 3 top pair defensemen and amazing depth at forward including Playoff stud who had never seen the playoffs ever Brady Tkachuck and then womp womp.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Not really seeing how the comparison to Ottawa fits.

I agree. I don't see OTT's rebuild similar to DET. I've asked for comparable rebuilds but everyone just wants to spew shit without providing any substance.

I mentioned Vancouver in terms of good drafting while not having any top 3 picks. I am thinking maybe Rangers but their drafting hasn't been as good as Detroit or Vancouver.

Seeing Vancouver move on to the 2nd round is inspiring to me because I can see Detroit do that in a few years as they've had similar success drafting. DRWs are 2 years behind Canuck's path.

And it's a known fact and everyone agrees in the hockey world that Yzerman is one of the top GMs in the league at trading. A big part of Vancouver's success is their trades. J.T. Miller and Hronek.

I don't think Yzerman has to give up the assets Vancouver gave up in trade because I think Yzerman's drafting and prospects are on course to be better. Edvinsson is going to be great. Nobody can dispute that. Wings just need to hit on just a few of ASP, Cossa, Danielson, Kasper. They don't need to hit on all of them, just a couple.

Best of all, that's not even asking anything of Mazur who looks like an animal, Johansson who would be an upgrade in Detroit's bottom paring right now, and Tuomisto who people are sleeping on.

Looking at Detroit's prospect pool, they have some really appealing trade chips. They have an abundance of trade depth. I think that might be what sets Detroit apart from a Vancouver or Rangers.

It is an exciting time to be a Detroit fan. I get why Yzerman is taking time developing his players, but it is a bit annoying because we all know some are ready to start making an impact right now. You have to respect Yzerman's patience. It just tells me ownership has full confidence and trust in the man. He is him.... HE IS HIM!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad