Post-Game Talk (GBU): When does the sun come out again?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G:
Okposo
Hutton kept us alive
The Golden Knights coaching, buy-in, system

B:
Every other Sabre not mentioned in good

U:
I'm considering driving to Toronto with my wife to watch an actual hockey team play
Our coaching sucks and holds us back, however...
...we're just too young. Too much youth in key roles they aren't ready for. Like...
...Jack Eichel. I prayed and prayed this year was different, but it isn't. He sets the tone for the team, and the team is a bunch of individuals who couldn't play like a team if their lives depended on it, and that's what we'll be in this era. A collection of individuals. Maybe it'll be good enough for a wildcard in 3-4 years, but we're just f***ed.
We're going to f*** up Dahlin.

Super U:
I'm down the rabbit hole. This isn't how the f***ing rebuild was supposed to go. I had dreams of what Chicago was, and Toronto has is. Instead, we went from mediocre, to a joke.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Might have been the worst offensive effort by Reinhart and Eichel in 10 months.

Mitts is getting closer to the point where he might be better served in Rochester for a few weeks. He is beginning to look more tense and gun shy with the puck.

Let’s just eat the tank that Botts chose to do. Get our top 5 pick and then maybe we get serious about winning next year....

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
This was abominable. All ugly:

- Again with the turnovers. Egregious ones at the worst spots on the ice

- Passing sucked.

- Nobody took a quality shot the entire game.

- We lost every race to a loose puck or specific spot on the ice.

- we got thumped around physically

- the breakout was a f***ing disaster

- I flip flop when trying to decide who looks worse, Thompson or Mittelstadt

- Dahlin played like shit

- Eichel played like shit

- every single pass we attempted was dipped in troughs of sauce...PASS LIKE HUMAN BEINGS

- the powerplay was an embarrassment, surpassed in that department solely by the personnel deployment on it for our final PPs of the game

- you can’t tell me that we don’t have better options to try on the blueline...

- we were never a threat to score at any point

- we entered the zone at least three times in a straight line when on a 3-on-2

- OUR PASSING SUCKED

We looked like a minor league team in comparison. This one stunk of everything that was shitty about us last year, unlike the previous losses. We couldn’t connect on the simplest of passing plays, yet insisted on frequently trying to connect on a more complicated pass.

It sucked. It was a horrible game.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Might have been the worst offensive effort by Reinhart and Eichel in 10 months.

Mitts is getting closer to the point where he might be better served in Rochester for a few weeks. He is beginning to look more tense and gun shy with the puck.

Let’s just eat the tank that Botts chose to do. Get our top 5 pick and then maybe we get serious about winning next year....
And then next season when we end up in the toilet by November we can tank that season to get magic draft pick, and then the same next season and the season thereafter into infinity. I have a novel idea: hire a f***ing exec who actually has a clue how to put together a credible organization, not some goddamned parody of Sam Hinkie clown like we have now.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
This was abominable. All ugly:

- Again with the turnovers. Egregious ones at the worst spots on the ice

- Passing sucked.

- Nobody took a quality shot the entire game.

- We lost every race to a loose puck or specific spot on the ice.

- we got thumped around physically

- the breakout was a ****ing disaster

- I flip flop when trying to decide who looks worse, Thompson or Mittelstadt

- Dahlin played like ****

- Eichel played like ****

- every single pass we attempted was dipped in troughs of sauce...PASS LIKE HUMAN BEINGS

- the powerplay was an embarrassment, surpassed in that department solely by the personnel deployment on it for our final PPs of the game

- you can’t tell me that we don’t have better options to try on the blueline...

- we were never a threat to score at any point

- we entered the zone at least three times in a straight line when on a 3-on-2

- OUR PASSING SUCKED

We looked like a minor league team in comparison. This one stunk of everything that was ****ty about us last year, unlike the previous losses. We couldn’t connect on the simplest of passing plays, yet insisted on frequently trying to connect on a more complicated pass.

It sucked. It was a horrible game.

The answer is Thompson. They'd both benefit from time in Roch, but the answer is Thompson.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Dahlin and Eichel looked how I look while trying to workout after drinking the night before.

We should really be 0-6 right now. We have played 2 good periods out of 18 for the season.

I don't mean to "like" this, since I wish it weren't so, but I definitely agree with this. They are f***ing bad.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Was Okposo really good or did the team outsuck him? Would be nice if he came back to real form.

Reactions: Tatanka

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Dahlin and Eichel looked how I look while trying to workout after drinking the night before.

We should really be 0-6 right now. We have played 2 good periods out of 18 for the season.

You are your record. Other teams have played worse.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
And then next season when we end up in the toilet by November we can tank that season to get magic draft pick, and then the same next season and the season thereafter into infinity. I have a novel idea: hire a ****ing exec who actually has a clue how to put together a credible organization, not some goddamned parody of Sam Hinkie clown like we have now.

You sound like a madman.

Reactions: Rasmi

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I'm picking scapegoats for why this team still sucks:

1) Ristolainen
2) Ristolainen
3) Eichel
4) Eichel
5) Literally every other player except for Dahlin and the goalies.

This team is bad and will not get better.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- Sobotka prevented a shutout

B- Casey looked ready to cry on the bench

U- Jack was off

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
G - Hutton, let in a crappy goal but the guy has been a rock for us. His post game interview was great. I haven’t loved a sabres player as much since the good old miller days.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgoalie

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
G: I went to sleep before the game started

B: The Sabres winning streak against bottom 10 teams is over

U: The preseason hope is slowly getting sucked out of the fanbase before Halloween

Reactions: sincerity0

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Glad I missed this one, I guess. I saw the first 10 minutes, and what I saw was good system vs bad system. Vegas' forwards are all in on the forecheck playing man. If their man goes high, they follow. When the Sabres are in the Ozone, there's almost never more than a single forechecker, if there even is one. And then the D completely yield the blueline, leading to fast transitions on every lost possession. This can't just be about talent or effort. I cannot believe that these players are being coached to abandon the forecheck for a line change literally every time they lose possession.

Reactions: hizzoner

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
As others have stated, this is exactly who this team is.
Culture change or changing? Don't bet on it. In order for there to be culture change, individuals need to be held accountable for efforts like last night, from coaching to leaders on the ice. But, they won't be, so prepare for more of the same.

As I've stated repeatedly, the rebuild is a complete and utter failure. We are now the Edmonton Oilers, without McDavid, and no matter how many 1st overall picks you throw at this roster, it won't find success until commitment to winning shows up.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad