Prospect Info: When does the Rookie Camp begin?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Decent Game,

The Try out guys stood out the most, they played hard. Johnny Brodzinski is dangerous with the puck, you give that guy any room...

Mike Amadio was pretty lack luster all night.

Jacob Friend looked ok, guy can skate well, weak on the walls though. I thought Matt Schmalz was the best winger all night.

Jack Flinn was surprisingly good.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Wasn't LaDue out injured?

His number was out there playing. So unless he switched numbers.

Looks like he wasn't out there, hard too see from stream.

I guess Friend was wearing a similar number

Edit: Yeah my bad Jacob Friend was wearing 36.

Last edited:

brownsully2312

Jun 15, 2008
Phoenix
Agree with Regulate. Sharipzianov looked really good. Made some fantastic passes. Seemed to see the ice really well and finding his teammates. A few sitting around me were asking a lot about him. I said I've only heard the name but have never seen him play until last night. It was very encouraging even if only a rookie game. Amadio was alright, nothing spectacular, made a few nice plays. Brodzinski has skill indeed and even almost got into a fight (I believe with #95 of the Coyotes). It will be exciting to see Amadio, Brodzinski and Kempe take over as the go-to guys in Ontario this season.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Agree with Regulate. Sharipzianov looked really good. Made some fantastic passes. Seemed to see the ice really well and finding his teammates. A few sitting around me were asking a lot about him. I said I've only heard the name but have never seen him play until last night. It was very encouraging even if only a rookie game. Amadio was alright, nothing spectacular, made a few nice plays. Brodzinski has skill indeed and even almost got into a fight (I believe with #95 of the Coyotes). It will be exciting to see Amadio, Brodzinski and Kempe take over as the go-to guys in Ontario this season.

Kind of ironic that on a night the tryout guys won us this game that the best defenseman for us was a tryout guy from last summer. The Reign should have a fun to watch defense again this year with Sharpie, Cernak, Birdy (Lintuniemi) aiming to come in.

While I only got to see bits and pieces of the second half of last night's game, it looked like the Kings had good structure last night.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Nick's brother Quentin (tryout) from another tryout Gutierrez.

To be fair, only Lowry, Amadio, Wagner and Schmalz are Kings prospects of the forwards. (Is Bjorklund on an AHL contract?)

All of the defensemen are Kings prospects. Haven't been able to watch the first period closely. Hope to be able to take a good look at the defense next period.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kings defense prospects are a bit too passive and soft in front of their own crease. Both Coyotes goals have come from front of the net bounces/second opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad