Prospect Info: When does the Rookie Camp begin?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Sorry. I've just looked for about 15 minutes and cannot find any sort of date or calendar talking about when the rookie camp starts. There are games on the 20th & 21st (I think!), but I'm assuming the actual camp starts about a week before that... am I wrong?

Thanks!!!

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Sorry. I've just looked for about 15 minutes and cannot find any sort of date or calendar talking about when the rookie camp starts. There are games on the 20th & 21st (I think!), but I'm assuming the actual camp starts about a week before that... am I wrong?

Thanks!!!

It's a state secret...and I'm only half-kidding. Last year the first on-ice sessions began the Friday before the Tuesday and Wednesday games against the baby Coyotes. Of course, this year the baby Kings are traveling to Arizona for the games.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/09/16/rookie-camp-underway-roster-practice-times/
IMG_08931-e1474049174599.jpg

The lack of goalie prospects sure is a kick in the nuts. It's like a trip back to when the likes of Barry Brust and Yutaka Fukufuji were within the pipeline.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Lindsay, the Reign Insider, is providing updates on the morning session right now. Check it out.

Also, Frozen Royalty put up his piece on Paul LaDue. It's fine work, as usual.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Joel Lowry – Mike Amadio – Jonny Brodzinski
Austin Wagner – Shane McColgan – Matt Schmalz
Sam HerrPatrick BjorkstrandMiles Koules
Justin Gutierrez – Quentin Shore – Matt Luff
Alex Barre-Boulet – Kameron Kielly

Alex Lintuniemi – Paul LaDue
Damir Sharipzianov – Kale Clague
Jacob Moverare – Erik Cernak
Chaz Reddekopp – Jacob Friend

BOLDED PLAYING IN AHL/ECHL THIS YEAR

Last edited:

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
A couple of good articles/interviews are up on Shane McColgan, Miles Koules, Birdy and Sharpie over lakingsinsider.com

Rookie game starts at 6 p.m. You can stream it at arizonacoyotes.com. Didn't play well last year against them and the Coyote rookies look even better than last year. 4-2 Coyotes?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Matt Schmalz already has made several good plays, and Brodzinski hit a post already.

Edit: Erik Cernak had a pretty bad turnover lead to a scoring chance.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Matt Luff just scored on sweet pass, from Justin Gutierrez, Kings 1-0

Damir Sharipzianov, is lazy with 50/50 pucks, that is going to make Stothers head explode in Ontario.

Edit: First period over, best three players.

Center: Justin Gutierrez
Winger: Matt Luff
Defender: Jacob Friend

Last edited:

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Matt Luff just scored on sweet pass, from Justin Gutierrez, Kings 1-0

Damir Sharipzianov, is lazy with 50/50 pucks, that is going to make Stothers head explode in Ontario.

Edit: First period over, best three players.

Center: Justin Gutierrez
Winger: Matt Luff
Defender: Paul LaDue

Hey, good to read this and other comments to get caught up. Just got in. Read Rosen's tweet.

Was anyone else "Go Kings. Wait, who, who, and who???" Second tweet was about somebody named Willms. I was going to ask if any of our actual prospects showed up, but good to see LaDue is impressing.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Hey, good to read this and other comments to get caught up. Just got in. Read Rosen's tweet.

Was anyone else "Go Kings. Wait, who, who, and who???" Second tweet was about somebody named Willms. I was going to ask if any of our actual prospects showed up, but good to see LaDue is impressing.

Matt Schmalz is a Kings draft pick, that has been pretty impressive all night so far.

Sadly Mike Amadio and Brodzinski look like ghost so far.

No question though, the guys on PTO tryout's have looked like the best players on the ice all night so far.

Dvorak scores from Crouse, PHX ties it 1-1, bad turnover in front of Kings net minder.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Schmalz, eh? Gotta admit, I'm surprised.

Score! Herr (AHL contract) from Koulis (new AHL contract, invite from Dev Camp).

ETA: Koules, not Koulis.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
2-1 Rookie Kings leading

Third period going to start:

So far, Try out guys still remain the best players on the ice.

Honorable mention to Jacob Friend/Matt Schmalz.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad