When does the DVD come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Last time there was a DVD about behind the scenes leading up to the Gold for 2002. How the team was picked, strategy etc.

When does the new one come out? I think it is important to see true hockey genius in action.

In particular it would be nice to hear the discussion on leaving Staal off the team. While leaving off Spezza, Crosby, Phaneuf etc. may look wrong in hindsite, admittedly tough calls, it would be interesting to see what went through their minds on the Staal decision. Not that any of us can think on that level but it would be interesting none the less.

Other country's would probably have picked him without a second thought and I think this is what separates us from the rest of the World. We are so much (well not we but our brain trust) smarter when it comes to hockey. Pavel Bure probably just didn't have the insight to leave Ovechkin or Malkin off the team. (and after the way the Canadian Juniors handled them the last couple of years we really must question his judgement, obviously the the guy just is not on Wayne's level)

Anyway hopefully we can get the new video when it comes out (I think it might be called "Top 6 on International Ice" or something) and be more enlightened. Personally I think Gretzky made the right call. I don't think Eric Staal can score with "International Pucks" on "International Nets" if in fact he could even find them on "International Ice".

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Crosbyfan said:
. Pavel Bure probably just didn't have the insight to leave Ovechkin or Malkin off the team. (and after the way the Canadian Juniors handled them the last couple of years we really must question his judgement, obviously the the guy just is not on Wayne's level)

Before we praise or critisize Pavel Bure too much, lets all remember that he had far fewer tough choices to make.Russia had a lot of "thans but no thanks " guys, which narrowed things down ....a lot.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
Last time there was a DVD about behind the scenes leading up to the Gold for 2002. How the team was picked, strategy etc.

When does the new one come out? I think it is important to see true hockey genius in action.

In particular it would be nice to hear the discussion on leaving Staal off the team. While leaving off Spezza, Crosby, Phaneuf etc. may look wrong in hindsite, admittedly tough calls, it would be interesting to see what went through their minds on the Staal decision. Not that any of us can think on that level but it would be interesting none the less.

Other country's would probably have picked him without a second thought and I think this is what separates us from the rest of the World. We are so much (well not we but our brain trust) smarter when it comes to hockey. Pavel Bure probably just didn't have the insight to leave Ovechkin or Malkin off the team. (and after the way the Canadian Juniors handled them the last couple of years we really must question his judgement, obviously the the guy just is not on Wayne's level)

Anyway hopefully we can get the new video when it comes out (I think it might be called "Top 6 on International Ice" or something) and be more enlightened. Personally I think Gretzky made the right call. I don't think Eric Staal can score with "International Pucks" on "International Nets" if in fact he could even find them on "International Ice".
I am not up for second guessing but I do like the idea of a DVD for each Olympic games. "Road to the QF" would get the juices flowing.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Crosbyfan said:

How's that crow tasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad