When does Matthews ask for a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
He signed a shorter contract so that he wont have to demand a trade. He set himself up nicely.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Why would he ask for a trade :laugh:

The overreaction is strong, I've seen Leafs posters suggesting to blow the team and rebuild... What the hell.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Matthews did some amazing things in the series. The bottom line though is that hockey isn't a 1-line sport. Instead of asking for a trade, maybe a few of those guys should have asked for a little less money so that the Leafs could afford the rest of contending team? :dunno:

I disagree with the players having to give back any money. Why should they? Its the GM's fault for meeting their demands. It all starts at Dubas and the lack of respect he demands from his players and their agents.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I blame whoever started that thread saying Laf was gonna go to Edmonton, Toronto, or Pittsburgh. You ruined hockey!

Reactions: Mez

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
He wore Arizona jammie’s when he was a kid kinda like how a certain Toronto captain wore his Leaf pj’s. Not everyone wants to play in the Center of the Universe.
Its obvious why you started this thread.

He will be in Toronto for 4 more years and likely many more.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Its obvious why you started this thread.

He will be in Toronto for 4 more years and likely many more.

It is? Nobody is allowed to ask a tough question that is asked about other players?

They haven’t won a series with him. His body language looked pretty poor to me. Bad facial expressions. All that stuff. :nod:

Reactions: BlackDogg

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
lol he was dead tired
I know. The history of this sports post season is littered with true warriors/winners finding incredible reserves of...something in situations like that.

To be fair, he’s very young. At his age, even a guy like Steve Yzerman would still have his leadership quarstioned for the next half dozen or so years of his career.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hmmm seems to me a lot of you TO boys are crapping on Edmonton here. I am merely asking a simple question about Toronto wasting prime Matthews years. That is petty or is that being accurate?
No, its you doing it cause of McDavid threads. Despite the fact Matthews has made the playoffs 3 out of his 4 in the league (and 4 for 4 if you consider this one). McDavid has made it once out of five.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This thread is rich... coming from the OP.

The answer to your question is: The same day that McDavid asks for one.

Reactions: Hollywood North

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Matthews played his ass off for most of this series and anyone who disagrees didn’t watch or is just trolling. He is far from the problem with this team.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That isn’t the question. When will Matthews be sick of losing? 1 more year? 2 more?

I think Matthews sees a future with Toronto, we have some good prospects, solid forward depth, he has good linemates to play with (got rid of borderline NHLers like Ennis feel bad for whoever his C is), I think he sees potential here, so I don't think he'd leave.

There is your answer

TheNeutralPresident

Feb 29, 2020
The Neutral Planet
Less than two pages and already a collection of some of the worst takes in recent memories. I remember when this site used to have some substance. It's sad.

And people are not helping their cases by adding to the fire. During my short time on here one in particular in this and other threads has definitely shown their maturity level, it's sad and discouraging.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think Matthews sees a future with Toronto, we have some good prospects, solid forward depth, he has good linemates to play with (got rid of borderline NHLers like Ennis feel bad for whoever his C is), I think he sees potential here, so I don't think he'd leave.

There is your answer

He seems pretty upset about the media there. Well enjoy your summer. Your the first guy to actually answer a bonafide question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad