When does Budaj get his first start?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
We do not have our first back-to-back game until October 28 (in Montréal against New York) and October 29 (in Dallas). I suspect Budaj to get a start there but will it be his first of the season?

If so Price would have played the full first month of activity without any rest, with chance of him taking part in the Olympics it seems like a lot of games early in the season.

I say Peter get the start October 17 against Columbus.

Phozzwald

Oct 16, 2007
Newfoundland
Actually we have back to back coming up this week. Calgary on Wednesday and Oilers on Thursday. I guess he will get one of those games. Maybe.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd give Budaj the start against Calgary, and go back to Price against Edmonton

Both very winnable games, however I think Price should play in Calgary. Their playing a lot more loose and offensive than Edmonton (odd, I know), while Edmonton is struggling right now to find their identity.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Both very winnable games, however I think Price should play in Calgary. Their playing a lot more loose and offensive than Edmonton (odd, I know), while Edmonton is struggling right now to find their identity.

Edmonton's biggest issue right now is goaltending. I think they give Budaj Calgary but I guess we shall see.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'd give Price the game against Calgary to make sure we win that game, plus give him some more rest to face Vancouver on Saturday.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
I'd give Price the game against Calgary to make sure we win that game, plus give him some more rest to face Vancouver on Saturday.

Weird... shouldn't we put him againt Edmonton's potentially better offence?

I think we should play Price against Edmonton and Budaj against Calgary. No matter what the rankings are, whether Calgary's winning right now and Edmonton's losing, I'm more afraid of Edmonton's O than Calgary's.

As for Vancouver, yeah, Price...

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I've always been a believer of giving the back-up the 2nd game in a back-to-back. Reason being that the players are more tired from the first game and should feel more relaxed with their #1 in net. With the back-up who doesn't play often, they step up their game because they want to give him a win, knowing how hard he works for them in practice and not playing often to get the spotlight on him. So I'd play Budaj against Edmonton on Thursday.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'd give Price all four games out West, maybe Budaj against Winnipeg if we collect three wins in Alberta and BC. He's fresh and needs the workload. I'm a huge believer in kepping a goalie very busy at such a young age.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I'd give Price all four games out West, maybe Budaj against Winnipeg if we collect three wins in Alberta and BC. He's fresh and needs the workload. I'm a huge believer in kepping a goalie very busy at such a young age.

Same here, I'd play Budaj @ Winnipeg.

3 games in a week will be alright for Price.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
We do not have our first back-to-back game until October 28 (in Montréal against New York) and October 29 (in Dallas). I suspect Budaj to get a start there but will it be his first of the season?

If so Price would have played the full first month of activity without any rest, with chance of him taking part in the Olympics it seems like a lot of games early in the season.

I say Peter get the start October 17 against Columbus.

there is a back to back this week... I say Budaj starts against Calgary on Wednesday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad