Speculation: When Do We Start Enroth?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I go with Florida and the Pittsburgh game.

We all know Miller's history against the Penguins, and Enroth has in the past had decent games against them. But also if there is a game you could afford to lose...I'd think the Pens would be it.

I would not play him against the Isles. They are 2nd in the league in goals per game, and that's a team the Sabres will be competing with for a playoff spot. That offense...we might need our stud goalie just to win a 4-3 type game.

If Enroth plays competent, maybe the second Panthers game as well.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Generally, he should only play on back-to-backs, and not even every one. As there aren't many, you need to find Miller some rest here and there, but I don't see Enroth starting any more than 1 of these games you listed.

Enroth has been poor but it's not just that: Miller's been playing at an elite level and has stolen games. He's had a few goals I'm sure he wants back, but he's made so many key saves already this year... he's going to be back in the Vezina conversation this season (knock on wood). The dropoff between the two, then, is Grand Canyonesque.

Given that Miller didn't play anywhere during the lockout, I think he can handle playing a high-percentage workload if he avoids back-to-backs that are in 3 in 4 or 3 in 5 bunches.. I wish it were different, but unless Enroth shows something immediately in his next start, I don't see how anyone can feel comfortable playing him, much less Ruff.

Grahn

Nov 9, 2011
Suggested dates bolded.

Hopefully get him off the schneid with Florida, save Miller for Boston in that back to back, then give Miller a nice 5 day rest after playing 6 games in 11 nights. It won't happen, but that would be my schedule for Enroth. Keeps him game ready, and keeps Miller fresh as the season drags on.

I like these dates, also would suggest Winnipeg game as an alternative to the second islanders game, it's their first away game after a 4 game home stride and they don't have the same force in away games as in home games... hopefully they will come in looking a bit lazy.
But yeah, second Islanders game is the first of a back to back for them. Pittsburg has some though games in the middle of an easy schedule... don't want to start Enroth against that

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I am ready to fade the Sabres with my book next time he starts....Might as well make some $$$ off him.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And Ruff wins the kitty, throwing him out there against the Sens.

Meh, I don't have much of a problem with this. Miller rarely plays himself out of a slump, so the best thing is to let him sit and watch a game. He seems to do better after watching one, anyways.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Meh, I don't have much of a problem with this. Miller rarely plays himself out of a slump, so the best thing is to let him sit and watch a game. He seems to do better after watching one, anyways.

I wouldn't exactly call Miller playing behind a fire wagon defense a 'slump', but call me crazy. :)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
FYI despite a record of 0-9-2 in his last eleven, Enroth did play three games versus Ottawa last season, stopping 105 of 110 shots against (2-0-1, 1.58 GAA, .955 SV%). Plus, Miller's only 14-16-3 in his career versus Ottawa, so I guess it makes some sense, but Enroth could really use a good start and win. :crossfing

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
FYI despite a record of 0-9-2 in his last eleven, Enroth did play three games versus Ottawa last season, stopping 105 of 110 shots against (2-0-1, 1.58 GAA, .955 SV%). Plus, Miller's only 14-16-3 in his career versus Ottawa, so I guess it makes some sense, but Enroth could really use a good start and win. :crossfing

I recall many similar stats being cited before his earlier start in Raleigh, too. ;)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
When we want to lose.
Also, remember that time Hasek wanted to come back and Regier was like "LOLno"? Because, he's old, I know, but there's probably no way he could be worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad