Speculation: When Do We Start Enroth?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I know I'm inviting discussion to devolve into the poor quality with which Ruff handles backups, but in a condensed season Enroth is going to have to play from time to time. Just looking at the month of February, where and when would you play him:

Feb 2: @Montreal
Feb 3: vs Florida
Feb 5: @Ottawa
Feb 7: vs Montreal
Feb 9: @NY Islanders
Feb 10: vs Boston
Feb 12: @Ottawa
Feb 15: vs Boston
Feb 17: vs Pittsburgh
Feb 19: vs Winnipeg
Feb 21: @Toronto
Feb 23: vs NY Islanders
Feb 26: @Tampa Bay
Feb 28: @Florida

How many would you give Enroth if you were making a schedule for February? Which games?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Temperatures are dropping in the mid-west but I'm not sure hell has frozen over yet. When we get confirmation there, then maybe put Enroth back in the net.

Realistically? At Ottawa on the 5th and/or 12th and at the Isles on the 9th.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd go two games: Feb 3 vs Florida, and Feb 9 @NY Islanders.

I think I'd throw him back in there on Sunday vs Florida. He needs to get the winless-in-12 monkey off his back, and Florida seemed to be struggling before their 3rd period rally vs Winnipeg last night. I'd also start him at NY Islanders next Saturday, because Miller has horrible career numbers against the Isles and we're in the middle of a stretch during which 8 of 10 games are against division opponents (and the two non-division games are Florida and the Isles).

This schedule would allow Miller to play 12 of 14 games, but not require him to play any back-to-backs this month.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I'd give him the first Florida, the Isles and either the one against the Bolts or Florida again.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Florida on the 3rd.... is a no brainer... which means it wont happen

Pretty much. :)

Enroth is probably only going to get starts against teams that have little to no chance of catching the Sabres in the standings. That will obviously become clearer as we go, but that's all the ice he'll see.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pretty much. :)

Enroth is probably only going to get starts against teams that have little to no chance of catching the Sabres in the standings. That will obviously become clearer as we go, but that's all the ice he'll see.

So at the moment, no one? :biglaugh:

0-9-3 in his last 12 starts. :help::shakehead:rant::shakehead

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
So at the moment, no one? :biglaugh:

0-9-3 in his last 12 starts. :help::shakehead:rant::shakehead

Yeah....and that.

I think you won't seem him much until late March/April TBH. Even then, it won't be many starts unless they're somehow up in 4th or 5th.

If he gets 7 starts this year I'll be shocked.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Yeah....and that.

I think you won't seem him much until late March/April TBH. Even then, it won't be many starts unless they're somehow up in 4th or 5th.

If he gets 7 starts this year I'll be shocked.

Had 3 starts in 3 months last year. February - March - April. Could be even less than 7.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Yep.

As much as I haven't liked Ruff's handling of backup goalies generally, what can he really do here? Enroth just isn't any good.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I know I'm inviting discussion to devolve into the poor quality with which Ruff handles backups, but in a condensed season Enroth is going to have to play from time to time. Just looking at the month of February, where and when would you play him:

Feb 2: @Montreal
Feb 3: vs Florida
Feb 5: @Ottawa
Feb 7: vs Montreal
Feb 9: @NY Islanders
Feb 10: vs Boston
Feb 12: @Ottawa
Feb 15: vs Boston
Feb 17: vs Pittsburgh
Feb 19: vs Winnipeg
Feb 21: @Toronto
Feb 23: vs NY Islanders
Feb 26: @Tampa Bay
Feb 28: @Florida

How many would you give Enroth if you were making a schedule for February? Which games?

Suggested dates bolded.

Hopefully get him off the schneid with Florida, save Miller for Boston in that back to back, then give Miller a nice 5 day rest after playing 6 games in 11 nights. It won't happen, but that would be my schedule for Enroth. Keeps him game ready, and keeps Miller fresh as the season drags on.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Yes. Really. The book is out on him -- five-hole is very weak, high glove is suspect.

We could go back to 1-11-3 in his last 15 if that makes it look any different. The guy is not very good.

Imagine what that would look like if the Sabres didn't prefer playing in front of him? :naughty:

I continue to underestimate Ruff on this, but I can't believe Miller starts the Florida game on Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad