When do we give Wideman a shot?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Unlikely the guy ever plays for the Sens. Unless there are major injury concerns on the right side of the D in the big club.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Probably a TJ Brennan type career ahler. Saying that he has been like quarter of our ahl offense. I imagine he will get a call up if Gryba or Ceci get injured

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Probably a TJ Brennan type career ahler. Saying that he has been like quarter of our ahl offense. I imagine he will get a call up if Gryba or Ceci get injured

Until a Dman is traded, I'd think they'd just move Phillips to the right side unless it's a longterm injury.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Unlikely the guy ever plays for the Sens. Unless there are major injury concerns on the right side of the D in the big club.

Unlikely? I doubt it, this year unless (god forbid) there is an injury to Karlsson or Ceci he probably wont be up. However I think there is a very good chance he plays for the big club at some point.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Unlikely? I doubt it, this year unless (god forbid) there is an injury to Karlsson or Ceci he probably wont be up. However I think there is a very good chance he plays for the big club at some point.

I don't see this guy staying with the organization past this year. There is just no room, and don't think next year is going to be better.

I see him signing an AHL deal with someone else next year in hopes of getting called up with a team with a thinner blue line.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Bring him up now. Sit 65 for a game. Minus 3 tonite. Weeak outta tha corner. Other teams forwards are keying on him and beating us

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Yes EK has turned the puck over too much over the last couple seasons but the guy has NO support... Have you noticed players just throwing the puck towards his general direction even when he's in an unfavorable position? He's not completely at fault, a more talented team would be able to control the puck a little more and not have to count on him for everything (skating the puck out of the zone, generating a rush, etc.). Last night against FLA, at one point when we were hemmed in our zone he was standing in front of the net while MacArthur was fighting for the puck, when Mac eventually gained possession he through right in front of the net..... The team needs more talented player who can carry the puck and don't explode under pressure...

As for Wideman, I'm excited to see what he can do again bigger NHL players... Maybe a Torey Krug mold? It's be nice to have more than 2 in the back-end who can skate/play-with the puck.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Yes EK has turned the puck over too much over the last couple seasons but the guy has NO support... Have you noticed players just throwing the puck towards his general direction even when he's in an unfavorable position? He's not completely at fault, a more talented team would be able to control the puck a little more and not have to count on him for everything (skating the puck out of the zone, generating a rush, etc.). Last night against FLA, at one point when we were hemmed in our zone he was standing in front of the net while MacArthur was fighting for the puck, when Mac eventually gained possession he through right in front of the net..... The team needs more talented player who can carry the puck and don't explode under pressure...

As for Wideman, I'm excited to see what he can do again bigger NHL players... Maybe a Torey Krug mold? It's be nice to have more than 2 in the back-end who can skate/play-with the puck.

It's a circus when he's on the ice with Phillips. And anyone else he plays with is 25 and under.

I think it's fair to say this puts more on eks plate than he's ever had here.

I really wonder if Phillips is thinking he can play next year.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's a circus when he's on the ice with Phillips. And anyone else he plays with is 25 and under.

I think it's fair to say this puts more on eks plate than he's ever had here.

I really wonder if Phillips is thinking he can play next year.

He has 2.5m reasons to play!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
ready to give wideman, prince, puempel, pageau, robinson, claesson some games. trade as many of the ottawa players as possible.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
ready to give wideman, prince, puempel, pageau, robinson, claesson some games. Trade as many of the ottawa players as possible.

Top Line and Kid Line protected - rest are open season

Love to see a Puempel - Pageau - Prince 4th line right now in place of
Greening - Legwand - Michalek spots. Chiasson - Smith - Neil as the 3rd; Zibanejad spots in when needed until his head wakes up...

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Top Line and Kid Line protected - rest are open season

Love to see a Puempel - Pageau - Prince 4th line right now in place of
Greening - Legwand - Michalek spots. Chiasson - Smith - Neil as the 3rd; Zibanejad spots in when needed until his head wakes up...

Would definitely like to see something along the lines of that sometime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad