When Bob comes back

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Does he get the workload he has typically carried or does HCTR give more starts than normal to C-Mac? Or here's one for you to ponder, does C-Mac stay in net as long as he is hot?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Guessing he'll get the full workload if we're still within 8-10 points..

I really would not mind a 50/50 split for the first week or so - just to be extra cautious.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
If the CBJ continue to put themselves in playoff contention after this weekend and Bob is healthy, there is absolutely no way that Curtis steals a few starts from him. There's a reason why Bob gets paid what he does. Don't get me wrong, Curtis has played great while Bob's been out but Bob is our #1 starter now and will be for a long long time. People are seeing Curtis perform at a level he never has for the CBJ, ever. So, I understand why people are high on him right now but come on. Bob getting 'slightly' more starts than Curtis? Give me a break.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I might be off base here but in the theme of "dance with who brung ya" and HCTR's penchant for not screwing with what is working, I'm not sure they shouldn't ride C-Mac until he has a bad outing. Plus it gives Bob a bit more time to heal. Of course C-Mac could get lit up this weekend making the whole point non-debatable.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Play C-Mac until he loses, then alternate starts for a bit to see who's hot. If Bob is good enough he'll make this decision pretty easy for us.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You pay whose hot. That's how these things work. Toot don't just throw a goaltender in the fire who hasn't played in over a month, that's a recipe for disaster.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This all could be a moot point when your hot back up pending UFA goaltender potentially gets moved for something at the trade deadline to a team in the playoffs who wants a solid dependable backup.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
If the CBJ continue to put themselves in playoff contention after this weekend and Bob is healthy, there is absolutely no way that Curtis steals a few starts from him. There's a reason why Bob gets paid what he does. Don't get me wrong, Curtis has played great while Bob's been out but Bob is our #1 starter now and will be for a long long time. People are seeing Curtis perform at a level he never has for the CBJ, ever. So, I understand why people are high on him right now but come on. Bob getting 'slightly' more starts than Curtis? Give me a break.

Agreed.

It's absurd to think we could ever rely on McElhinney for more than spot duty or as a fill-in for injury. In the Pittsburgh game, he was way off on his angles and late getting across several times ... I really think he got lucky on several occasions. A few different bounces or better shots by the Penguins, and the Jackets get blown out.

I'll admit that he's been better than he was earlier in the year, but if you actually watch the two closely and compare them fairly, there really is no comparison. There's a reason Bobrovsky was just locked up for four years as one of the highest paid goaltenders in the league. And there's a reason McElhinney is a 31 year old backup.

MrKelso

Feb 26, 2015
Grove City
I think it just depends on where we are in the standings.

If Bob can be effective right away, and we can get a point streak started between him and McElhinney, I think you play Bob as much as possible. Last I checked we were still only 11 points out of the wild-card standings and Boston is still in the process of tanking.

Has to start tonight though. I think to have any kind of realistic chance we need to finish 16-6 or better (probably better).

Either way, Bob is our guy, our future. Get him as much experience as we can as long as he's fully healthy.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Bob needs to be 100% healthy before coming back. You dont want the groin injury to become chronic by hurting it again if its not fully healed....especially when we're more then likely out of the playoff race

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bob needs to be 100% healthy before coming back. You dont want the groin injury to become chronic by hurting it again if its not fully healed....especially when we're more then likely out of the playoff race

Agree 110%. Matter of fact, I'd give Dansk a few starts...:sarcasm:

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Agree 110%. Matter of fact, I'd give Dansk a few starts...:sarcasm:

I'd leave Dansk alone this year. This team has been a hot mess of injuries and to have Dansk, the kid who is hopefully to replace Bob someday, come in and experience this season would be pointless. Let him grow :handclap:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bob is back. C-Mac goes tonight. Saving Bob for tomorrow against the Pens?

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
I dont see any reason to overplay Bob the rest of the way. No sense in risking further injury. This team is playing for next season anyhow.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I have confidence that TR will do the wrong thing, whatever it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad