Wheeling update:

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Good hire. He's VERY well-respected and well-liked in Hockey East, and clearly has a lot of contacts in the college game. Did a tremendous job recruiting and coaching a team without a lot of resources in Merrimack against much wealthier programs. Scouting and recruiting at this level is very important, and that's something he's done very well at the college game.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
Well that was short-lived. Dennehy has resigned from the Wheeling Nailers to accept the head coaching position with the Binghamton Senators.

Press Release: Nailers Announce Departure of Head Coach Mark Dennehy | The Wheeling Nailers

As a Nailers fan myself, that's rather disappointing. Dennehy was really looking like a fantastic move. Given the short notice and that the Penguins are assisting with his replacement, I bet it's one of the many former Pens players that the organization employs, like Mark Recchi.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
That leaves Cincinnati and Wheeling as the only two teams in the ECHL without head coaches.

The Cyclones haven't had a head coach since Matt Macdonald went to Grand Rapids as an assistant on July 2.

Well that was short-lived. Dennehy has resigned from the Wheeling Nailers to accept the head coaching position with the Binghamton Senators.

Press Release: Nailers Announce Departure of Head Coach Mark Dennehy | The Wheeling Nailers

As a Nailers fan myself, that's rather disappointing. Dennehy was really looking like a fantastic move. Given the short notice and that the Penguins are assisting with his replacement, I bet it's one of the many former Pens players that the organization employs, like Mark Recchi.

Could also be Jarrod Skalde who is a developmental coach with the Pens and who was slated to spend a lot of time in Wheeling this year. If the Nailers get Skalde, they will be very fortunate. Great guy and great coach.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

HOWEVER, CC, since when is Binghamton's franchise the Senators, didn't they relocate to Belleville, Ontario, and Binghamton acquired the Devils affiliation/franchise

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
HOWEVER, CC, since when is Binghamton's franchise the Senators, didn't they relocate to Belleville, Ontario, and Binghamton acquired the Devils affiliation/franchise

HOWEVER, it was an honest mistake from habit. Not a big deal whatsoever. Heck, I even linked to the original press release that states the Binghamton Devils, so it was an obvious slip up. At least I was willing to back up my post with the original source, unlike certain other forum members who literally outright refuse to do so on incomprehensible grounds, don't you think?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
That leaves Cincinnati and Wheeling as the only two teams in the ECHL without head coaches.

The Cyclones haven't had a head coach since Matt Macdonald went to Grand Rapids as an assistant on July 2.

Could also be Jarrod Skalde who is a developmental coach with the Pens and who was slated to spend a lot of time in Wheeling this year. If the Nailers get Skalde, they will be very fortunate. Great guy and great coach.
ACTUALLY 3, South Carolina lost their head coach (Warsofsky) to Charlotte, Cyclones, the same way MacDonald was "promoted" to Grand Rapids, and this thread here with the promotion from Merrimack to Wheeling to Binghamton.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011

Recchi is an assistant coach with the Penguins.

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
Recchi is an assistant coach with the Penguins.

līk/
preposition
having the same characteristics or qualities as; similar to.
"there were other suits like mine in the shop"
    used to draw attention to the nature of an action or event.
    "I apologize for coming over unannounced like this"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad