Wheeler or Tarasenko

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Yahoo league H2H all categories (basically) included. I'm in first and finalizing my roster for the playoffs. We can trade picks so I have my third available and have the option of trading a third round pick for Wheeler (don't have my first or second picks) or a fourth for Tarasenko.

My RW are Rantanen, Stone, Hertl (C/LW also), Stamkos (C/RW) and Simmonds. Would it be redundant to acquire another RW (Wheeler RW/C eligible) and if you could choose to go on a deep fantasy playoff run who would you take a shot with between those two ?

Last edited:

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Yeah there is no doubt he is a good player, just not sure if spending a third round pick for the 2019 draft is that much of a difference maker . I mostly would do it to prevent it from being acquired by rivals (the Pierre Lacroix method :p) .

Context: we also have keepers we can keep for three years (5 keepers if we choose). My keepers are all in round 14 (Stone) 15 (Vasilevski, Rantanen, Hertl) and 18 (Duchene) and my draft picks in the top 10 start at 3,4,4,6,7,8,9,10. Still want to remain competitive next year if I'm out of the first three rounds.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Tank will give you a boost in SOG but again, without full categories and roster settings it’s more difficult to say. I see them producing more or less equally from here on out as Tank seems to has found his mojo again.

In that vain though, Wheeler must be considered the safer option.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Tank will give you a boost in SOG but again, without full categories and roster settings it’s more difficult to say. I see them producing more or less equally from here on out as Tank seems to has found his mojo again.

In that vain though, Wheeler must be considered the safer option.
Roster settings are 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4 D, 4 bench, 2 goalies. Scoring categories are goals, assists, points, plus minus, shots, powerplay points, short handed points, game winning goals, hits, blocks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad