Wheat Kings / Scott Glennie question

Bonander

Jan 31, 2012
Austin TX
For those of you who watched Scott Glennie play in Brandon: I've been watching him play here in Austin for the past two and a half seasons. He's had his ups and downs, injuries, etc. But it's hard to ignore a few things about his game when he's on-- namely:

- He can play a bit recklessly along the boards
- He's either a target on the ice or puts himself into too many situations where he takes big hits
- He's got wheels
- Great hockey sense
- In general, as a hockey player he's really entertaining to watch.

I know all about his numbers in Brandon, etc, but I'm curious if these are attributes he had in Brandon (general ones, I know) or was he a different player?

He's in the last year of his ELC. Hard to say what's next. Coach Desjardins seems to have a soft spot for Glennie, possibly reflecting the organization in general, I don't know. (On a side note, he had a pair of goals tonight, including a shorty, in Abbotsford).

Any takers?

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
I'd agree with most of your points except that of his hockey sense. Now being a Hitmen fan I may not have seen him as much as others on these boards, but it seemed as though his level of play and dynamic ability were NHL caliber, but he didn't have the mindset to make it all work.

takehisheadoff

Nov 2, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
I seen him play a few times and in the times I saw him I thought him and Schenn were the biggest cherry pickers I have ever seen. There are reasons I am not a scout but I thought those 2 made that Wheat Kings team look horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad