WC: WHC top free agents

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Gawanke is actually an RFA and the Jets still have his rights. Don't think the WC performance changes the way NA teams look at him considering he has been in NA for a while.
He made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to be back with the Jets so unless they dont qualify him or trade him I dont see a NHL future for him sadly

Reactions: Channelcat

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Gawanke is actually an RFA and the Jets still have his rights. Don't think the WC performance changes the way NA teams look at him considering he has been in NA for a while.
He made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to be back with the Jets so unless they dont qualify him or trade him I dont see a NHL future for him sadly
I'm just assuming they would let him go for almost nothing. Seems like the proper thing to do.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs had smejkal sign with Sens before tourney. We went with an older crew with no draft pedigree so that may be it for us. Stezka might be the next vlejmelka too for Seattle. Very good extraliga goalie but the jump to the NHL is steep.

I can't see how any of our other guys garnered any interest.lol.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I don't see anyone gaining much interest. All the best players in the tournament are already either in the NHL or have had contracts before and tried their luck in the NHL/AHL. In other cases, they're simply too old.

Abols and Kahun are still young enough that they could have another go at it, but both seem determined to continue playing in Europe. Then there's guys like Smejkal and Balinskis who already signed NHL contracts for next year.

Off the top of my head, Wojciech Stachowiak has the best chance. He's fairly young, has had a big breakout season in the DEL and had pretty good tournament with a German team that earned silver. But other than him, I don't know if there's anybody NHL teams will take interest in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad