Whats your second team if any?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Pittsburgh Penguins.

I was born and raised there. I was a fan in the 70s when the team was an afterthought among the city's sports fans in general. But my dad was a huge hockey fan. He loved the Hornets AHL team and the Leafs in the NHL, who were once the Hornets' affiliate. So I was weaned on bad Penguins hockey when I was little. Hard to give that up.

I did when it was announced that Columbus, where I was making and still make my home, was getting an NHL team. A buddy and I were Chill STH from the get-go and I knew we'd be the same for Columbus' NHL team. But Penguins are still second.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Pittsburgh Penguins.

I was born and raised there. I was a fan in the 70s when the team was an afterthought among the city's sports fans in general. But my dad was a huge hockey fan. He loved the Hornets AHL team and the Leafs in the NHL, who were once the Hornets' affiliate. So I was weaned on bad Penguins hockey when I was little. Hard to give that up.

I did when it was announced that Columbus, where I was making and still make my home, was getting an NHL team. A buddy and I were Chill STH from the get-go and I knew we'd be the same for Columbus' NHL team. But Penguins are still second.

If I had allowed my russian bias (which is almost gone btw) to be the leading factor then Pens would be a very appealing team. Great marketing, great franchise, big names etc but my mind refuses to like it :/ same as Caps basically ;)

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Theres no second team. Theres only teams I hate and teams I hate less than others.

Reactions: Forepar

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I grew up a Stars fan because I liked Modano. But all the connection to those teams (Hull, Hatcher, Zubov, Sydor, Belfour, etc.) are all obviously done so I don’t really like them anymore (don’t dislike either, just don’t care).

I don’t have a second team. I normally cheer for a team if there’s some CBJ connection. I hope Colorado does well now since they have Calvert, Bednar and Cole but I don’t go out of my way to particularly follow them or anything like that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
As most here know, I am a Sharks fan since day 1. When I moved here 13 years ago, it was Sharks 95%, Caps 5%. By the end of last year, it was probably Sharks 55% Jackets 45%.

And I tell you, it's not just because the Sharks are ass this year, I don't find the team enjoyable to watch. The signing of Karlsson could end up one of the worst free agent signings ever. He is SO bad defensively. I give Werenski crap, but EK is worse than him and Brent Burns ain't much better. They have so much $$$ tied up for Jones/Vlasic/Kane/EK/Burns and the Sens have their #1 unprotected in the next draft. They are dumb. And they will be bad for a LOOOONG time.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
My first crush was the Boston Bruins because of a player named Orr.
Grew into my fandom during the 4 years the Islanders won 19 straight series. My two favorites were Bobby Nystrom and Clark Gillies. Listened to Dan Kelly call games on USA Network.
Having said all that...that was years ago.
I was able to root for the Bolts until last April. Now it is looking more and more like the Jackets stole their dignity, stole their Cup and stole their chain all in 6 days.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Vegas.

Columbus native and die-hard CBJ fan to the end, but Vegas resident and Golden Knights season ticket holder.

The CBJ game is the only one all year that I don't wear my Vegas jersey, although I do root for an overtime CBJ win every time.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
The Habs are my dad's side of the family's team so when I'm watching games with them I'll cheer for the Habs. If the Jackets are out of the playoffs I cheer for whichever Canadian team is left, but that hasn't really been possible lately. For a while I thought I'd be moving to Winnipeg so I watched a few Jets games, but once I found out I'd be moving to Ottawa instead that fell by the wayside. If the Sens were any good I could see myself picking them up, but for now it's just the Jackets for me.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pretty much same thing. Closest pro team in NE OH was the Pens in early 80's when they sucked .. then Super Mario came along and well fun for a few decades to follow as first team.

Living and watching the CBJ even made the paper with a build it and they will come type to the sports editor. Cbus had / has a huge lower level hockey following. Then working downtown and close to the Arena.. hard not to make this team your first team. Kind of like a little brother to the Pens.. Now that the older brother has won its time for the CBJ to win it all. Now after moving, I follow them via online TV

It was great that initially these two teams were in separate Conf/Div etc.. now it sucks having them become a rivalry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad